Do the Bulls really need Eddy next year?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Can't defend yourself and now you refer to something that is true. I don't mind a good argument. I do mind a an argument with a dumb poster who doesn't know the in and outs of something he's talking about and says, "that can't be true" because FACTS go against what he says.

qwerty's post = I lost, so I'll say something else that someone will hopefully laugh at. And no, Pietrus' size isn't a reason enough to trade KH. I wouldn't trade KH for a package centered around Pietrus. I do believe Duhon is the better PG(not player). I'm not trading KH for peanuts though.

Let's see, you have totally made up the fact that curry can box out. It is one of his biggest flaws... has been since high school. I know some of the others who have hard ons for curry will come to your side and say ''curry can box out with the best of them. I am dumb? Hardly? Do you make up things so that it helps your arguement? Apparently.

How did i lose? Curry cannot set a pick, rebound, block shots, or make people alter their shots. He is a decent passer but does not get back on defense well. But you make him out to be a f***ing beast that deserves big money? Something is wrong with that picture.

Who said pietrus's size is strickly the reason to get him? :huh: How about his defense is just as good as hinrich's , can post up, can play three positions to kirk's two.

What i did say is if you can get pietrus and one of murphy/dunleavy/biendras\(sp) and either two second round picks or a first round pick for hinrich and davis you do it. Trading davis away would leave us with many other options to improve next year rather than two years down the road. No need to put words into my mouth.

They are not even looking at kirk considering they have richardson and davis there.

EDDY CURRY CANNOT BOX OUT.

Edited by qwerty

As an ND fan, I'd love to see Troy Murphy in Chicago. He can rebound with the best of them.

I don't know where he would play though, Chandler is the PF of the future for the Bulls.

Murphy isn't the same scoring threat that he was in college. He is a good inside guy who can hit a medium and occasionally, a long range jumper when asked. But, he isn't a 3 point threat and can't guard the quicker SFs in the NBA.

Without trades/free agent signings:

2005-6's roster

PG - Duhon

SG - Gordon

SF - Deng

PF - Davis

C- Curry

Bench

Hinrich

Chandler

Harrington

Nocioni

Pargo

last two spots - 2 of these 3

Griffin - 2nd round pick - free agent

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
As an ND fan, I'd love to see Troy Murphy in Chicago. He can rebound with the best of them.

I don't know where he would play though, Chandler is the PF of the future for the Bulls.

Murphy isn't the same scoring threat that he was in college. He is a good inside guy who can hit a medium and occasionally, a long range jumper when asked. But, he isn't a 3 point threat and can't guard the quicker SFs in the NBA.

Without trades/free agent signings:

2005-6's roster

PG - Duhon

SG - Gordon

SF - Deng

PF - Davis

C- Curry

Bench

Hinrich

Chandler

Harrington

Nocioni

Pargo

last two spots - 2 of these 3

Griffin - 2nd round pick - free agent

Benching hinrich in favor of both duhon and gordon? We have no second round pick.

Edited by qwerty

eh first of all if you paid any attention of the positives Curry has done this year you would notice he has boxed out his man from getting the rebounds a number of times, and Curry has done a whole lot of pick and rolls this year so dont know about that cant set a pick comment, if you noticed he started to block some shots recently and he has upped his defense a great deal from the begining of the year.... No his defense isnt great and he isnt a great shot blocker, but he has improved in those 2 area's drastically during the season and theirs no reason he wont improve further.

I agree on you about Pietrus though.

and Curry cant rebound but with Tyson out their dominating the boards and the rest of the team getting their fair share it really doesnt hurt the team that much.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
eh first of all if you paid any attention of the positives Curry has done this year you would notice he has boxed out his man from getting the rebounds a number of times, and Curry has done a whole lot of pick and rolls this year so dont know about that cant set a pick comment, if you noticed he started to block some shots recently and he has upped his defense a great deal from the begining of the year.... No his defense isnt great and he isnt a great shot blocker, but he has improved in those 2 area's drastically during the season and theirs no reason he wont improve further. 

I agree on you about Pietrus though. 

and Curry cant rebound but with Tyson out their dominating the boards and the rest of the team getting their fair share it really doesnt hurt the team that much.

Sure he has boxed people out but not nearly as much as he should be considering his size and how athletic he is. You are mistaking curry with chandler when it comes to setting picks. Chandler will go out twenty feet and set his picks... while curry on the other hand... not so much.

Has he upped his blocks enough to get over one damn block a game? There is a reason that he may not improve after this year much considering he will already ahve that big pay day and nothing to look forward to for several years. He is someone that needs motivation and if he doesn't have it i do not see him improving enough to justify what he is gonna get. But why should i care? Not my money i should just become a clippers fan. :headshake

f***ing ridiculous that people have given up hope for curry to become a good rebounder and just say that it's alright.

Curry does less for this team than chandler does plan and simple even though very very few will admit it or will not call me dumb for saying so.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
Notice how you're really not convincing anybody...

:lol:

I am convinced as well.

:D

Curry has always been a slacker on defense and interior work.

Edited by knightni

No i am not mistaking Curry with Chandler..... I know he has been gone for the past few games but damn it hasnt been that long... Curry has been doing the pick and roll with Kirk all year long :bang , Chandler does it too but both of them arent on the court together for most of the game so.