Credit for Saves

Tannerfan

Having watched Singo get credit for two saves by only getting one out in each game, I was thinking it would be fair to divide saves into thirds, based on the last inning pitched. Under this system Marte would have earned 2/3's of a save and Shingo 1/3rd. Am I crazy or is there any merit to this idea?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
You're crazy.

And, BTW, Shingo pitched the full inning in the first game.

I know that. For that game he would get a complete save. I'm talking about the one out in Minn. and the one yesterday.

Now tell me why I'm crazy.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
So, on the same thought Garcia should have only gotten 8/9 of a win yesterday?

No. There are rules for wins already in place. That's why there is a difference between a win and a save. All I'm suggesting is that both Marte and Hermanson deserve some of the credit for getting two guys out in the 9th inning.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
No. There are rules for wins already in place. That's why there is a difference between a win and a save. All I'm suggesting is that both Marte and Hermanson deserve some of the credit for getting two guys out in the 9th inning.

Perhaps you've never heard of a hold before.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)

So what is your point? There are rules for saves already in place as well. You want to change those rules so someone else sarcastically suggested that we change the rules for wins. This is a bunch of nonsense.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
So what is your point? There are rules for saves already in place as well. You want to change those rules so someone else sarcastically suggested that we change the rules for wins. This is a bunch of nonsense.

Thank you.

Cheat, you beat me to the "hold." :chair

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
i just think their shouldnt be a save... although i guess maybe it could be changed if their was a runner in scoring position... Not if its just 1 out or if only a guy on 1B.

THERE should really be more help for kids with THEIR English today. You must learn how to use their and there. 2 different meanings to 2 totally different words. Please learn the difference.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
THERE should really be more help for kids with THEIR English today. You must learn how to use their and there. 2 different meanings to 2 totally different words. Please learn the difference.

:finger who cares

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)

Seriously who gives a s***

Whats worse is people who point out others grammar mistakes on a message board... Calm Down Mavis Beacon

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)

You just dissed like half the site, including the chief administrator. :D

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
:lol:  Okay, I think you're utterly wrong on this but still believe this is one of the funnier responses I've seen.  So odd it's funny.

What can I tell you, I work in the movie business, that's how we talk.

Well, i guess I LACK VISION.....hahahah fine if were changing rules how about we add a line of red seats in the outfield and make it the "double" homerun mark.....how fun would baseball when you could double the runs of a homerun......

Now do I lack vision??? I think not

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Well, i guess I LACK VISION.....hahahah fine if were changing rules how about we add a line of red seats in the outfield and make it the "double" homerun mark.....how fun would baseball when you could double the runs of a homerun......

I like it! :cheers

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)

I'm talking about a statistic not a rule change. But I guess this is to complex for you.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)

when did soxtalk become English class? :chair