Credit for Saves

Tannerfan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some useless trivia for you guys -- DJ (not Darrin Jackson) is married to Valeri Bure...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0121026/bio

Spouse

Valeri Bure (22 June 1996 - present) 3 children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia

Husband Valeri Bure was a star hockey player for NHL's Calgary Flames.

Born on April 6, 1976, in Los Angeles, Candace comes from a large, close-knit clan. She has two older sisters, Bidgette and Melissa, and an older brother - Kirk Cameron, star of Growing Pains. She was cast as D.J. on Full House in July 1986. She married hockey player Valeri Bure in June 1996, they have three children: Natasha (born August 19, 1998), Lev (born February 20, 2000) and Maksim (born January 20, 2002).

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
I was sure there was a flamewar going on in this thread so I flipped to the last page to see who the main players were... WTF?

joo guys is carazy

I guess this is what happens on an off day.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Here's some useless trivia for you guys -- DJ (not Darrin Jackson) is married to Valeri Bure...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0121026/bio

I believe Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey, dude in the Alanis Morissette song, Todd Hollandsworth lookalike) introduced her to him. He is a huge hockey fan.

toddhollandsworthbCC04.jpg

"Cut, it, out!!!"

:headshake

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
WOW! You have proven my point. What a very scary thought indeed. Someone that does not know the difference between their and there is not only passing by, but in ADVANCED English in high school! What does that say for the rest of the kids? When the advanced students don't know the difference between their and there what the hell do the regular students know and learn?

Here is a thought:

I highly doubt that you typed their wrong twice on accident instead of there. First of all the words don't even sound the same when you are speaking them. An advanced English high school student would definately not make such a mistake.

Where's the f***in' comma after "First of all"?

Your grammar sucks!!!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
Where's the f***in' comma after "First of all"?

Your grammar sucks!!!

I am sorry for missing that comma. You are exactly correct Sleepy, my grammar sucked bad in that instance. However, there is a big difference between forgetting a comma and trying to pass off THEIR as THERE. Not only that, but claiming to be in advanced English as well? I highly doubt any student in a high school advanced English class would make that mistake. If this is the case, then I really feel sorry for the rest of the kids going to that high school. I can't imagine what they are learning in the regular English classes.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
WOW! You have proven my point. What a very scary thought indeed. Someone that does not know the difference between their and there is not only passing by, but in ADVANCED English in high school! What does that say for the rest of the kids? When the advanced students don't know the difference between their and there what the hell do the regular students know and learn?

Here is a thought:

I highly doubt that you typed their wrong twice on accident instead of there. First of all the words don't even sound the same when you are speaking them. An advanced English high school student would definately not make such a mistake.

He definitely would not.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
I am sorry for missing that comma. You are exactly correct Sleepy, my grammar sucked bad in that instance. However, there is a big difference between forgetting a comma and trying to pass off THEIR as THERE. Not only that, but claiming to be in advanced English as well? I highly doubt any student in a high school advanced English class would make that mistake. If this is the case, then I really feel sorry for the rest of the kids going to that high school. I can't imagine what they are learning in the regular English classes.

Although I agree that sorting through the misspellings and grammatical errors isn't fun and I personally prefer to capitalize, punctuate, and spell correctly as often as possible, I also agree that the nature of the board is meant to be casual and laid-back...

Heck, we all make mistakes every now and then.

And I also have NO problems with the save rules. That last out is going to be tougher to get than the previous 2 of a final inning, IMO.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
There're more.  Unless you're quite certain that your grammar is perfect, you should lay off a bit, imho.

Feel free to throw a grammar class my way. I don't take criticism the wrong way. Please edit my posts and let me know what is wrong with them. I would greatly appreciate the criticism. If you want you can send me a personal message and we can go over them together. Thank you for your help.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated, however I think there is a huge difference between that mistake and not knowing the difference between their and there. Typos are understandable. Not knowing the difference between there and their while claiming to be in an advanced English class is not. That is IMHO.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:10 AM)
how do you not know which there to use? when the sentence is forming in your head, it should automatically go to the correct one. i have no clue how the wrong one gets used. just my opinion though.

That is exactly my point. How does this happen? Thank you Tmar!

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
Feel free to throw a grammar class my way. I don't take criticism the wrong way. Please edit my posts and let me know what is wrong with them. I would greatly appreciate the criticism. If you want you can send me a personal message and we can go over them together. Thank you for your help.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated, however I think there is a huge difference between that mistake and not knowing the difference between their and there. Typos are understandable. Not knowing the difference between there and their while claiming to be in an advanced English class is not. That is IMHO.

I have no interest in correcting grammar mistakes, so no, thank you. I don't agree that their/there is much different than other mistakes. It's a spelling error, just like "definately". (After all, the writer clearly understood each meaning.) Reading a sentence that throws together verb tenses in the wrong way is more jarring to me.

Btw, it's not true that the two words have different sounds. At least, it's not generally true (you might pronounce them differently) -- most dictionaries list identical accepted pronunciations. Just saying. (That is a fragment, for which I apologize profusely.)

If this issue gets raised every time the two words are switched it's going to get real old, real fast.

Now back to FullHouseTalk...