White Sox @ Tribe Game Thread (4/14, 6:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
I'd agree it's not great, but it still was productive.  He raised the stress level of the pitcher.  Maybe to such a degree it factored in Uribe's walk.

i wont refute that

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Dear Mr. Crede,

Please learn from Mr. Olivo in 2003. Resting your bat on your shoulder only to lift it right before the pitcher starts his motion doesnt help your swing. If your bat is so heavy, please see the equipment manager for a lighter bat.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I really would like to see Crede try a new load mechanism for his entire swing. He just doesn't get the bat through the zone quick enough on a consistent basis. A new timing mechanism, like what guys like Sosa have, could work to speed up his swing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Dear Mr. Crede,

Please learn from Mr. Olivo in 2003. Resting your bat on your shoulder only to lift it right before the pitcher starts his motion doesnt help your swing. If your bat is so heavy, please see the equipment manager for a lighter bat.

Nice, please add, your not Mike Piazza so please give him back his bat, and grab your own.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Not a great ab for Harris, but again productive.  He moved Uribe into scoring position.  2 outs for Perez.

2 productive outs in an inning is not a recipe for scoring runs, especially when the first "productive" out is leading off the inning. It was nice to see Uribe draw a walk though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I really would like to see Crede try a new load mechanism for his entire swing.  He just doesn't get the bat through the zone quick enough on a consistent basis.  A new timing mechanism, like what guys like Sosa have, could work to speed up his swing.

He will as soon as he is with another team. By that time it will dawn on him that he may want to listen to the coaches.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
2 productive outs in an inning is not a recipe for scoring runs, especially when the first "productive" out is leading off the inning.  It was nice to see Uribe draw a walk though.

Add a few base hits, and it's a damn good recipe.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I really would like to see Crede try a new load mechanism for his entire swing.  He just doesn't get the bat through the zone quick enough on a consistent basis.  A new timing mechanism, like what guys like Sosa have, could work to speed up his swing.

The sad thing is, this is a new load mechanism this year. Its just a poor one.

Last year his swing has a big hitch in it. If someone was stupid and threw him a curve that dropped down and in, he murdered it. But fastballs he would drop down a bit and undercut it. This year his bat is a bit faster. But now he is introducing another delay in his swing with the bat resting on his shoulder. I figure its a way Walk has of him having proper hitting position before he generates his swing. If you look right before he swings his elbow is up, he looks good. If he just had his hands in the right position without resting his bat, he would be on the ball and hitting all over.

Hernandez is going to struggle in the cold, I have a feeling. A lot of the good curveball pitchers I've seen so far have a tough time gripping the ball in cold weather. You could tell Hernandez had a better feel for his pitches in the dome.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
SOX 5, CLE 5 Bot 6 - El Duque pitching

walks Peralta, Crisp up, Cora on deck

Detroit sucks.  Losing again. 5-2 MIN.

Juggs.... dude why are you even worrying... didnt u hear Dimitri Young... the Twins and Sox dont even matter.