White Sox @ Tribe Game Thread (4/14, 6:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I'm out.  Ozzie blows another one.  Letting Cotts inherit a runner in a tie game.  Foolish.  One of these days he'll figure it out.  Use Hermanson when you need a guy to pitch 2 innings.  That still leaves you Politte, Marte, Viz, & Cotts, Shingo for the 8th & 9th.

Exactly. Hermanson is that type of guy. No Damaso or any of the other guys. Hermy is. There's a reason why he was used as a spot starter before and none of the other guys have been. I don't see our offense being good enough to come back from this.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out.  Ozzie blows another one.  Letting Cotts inherit a runner in a tie game.  Foolish.  One of these days he'll figure it out.  Use Hermanson when you need a guy to pitch 2 innings.  That still leaves you Politte, Marte, Viz, & Cotts, Shingo for the 8th & 9th.

Ozzie put Cotts in because there was a string of lefties coming up to the plate. How is it Ozzie's fault that Cotts completely choked?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I think it's safe for me to go to sleep. Seriously, Ozzie shouldn't be doing any of this experimenting this early in the season.

Ha, so you'd rather you have experimenting later in the season when the pressure is more intense. Some of you will find anything you can to blame a loss on Ozzie.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Ha, so you'd rather you have experimenting later in the season when the pressure is more intense.  Some of you will find anything you can to blame a loss on Ozzie.

props.

:headbang

If we can't rely on our long reliever, we're in a lot of trouble. It's not like we have 5 Buehrles on our staff that can go late into each game. Also, Hermanson, Vizcaino, and Marte can't pitch every game. Some day, Ozzie will realize that a reliever would rather start the inning than to have to come in with a guy on base. This is now 2 straight games in which Ozzie waited a batter too long to take out the starter. He did this way too often last season, and I'm hoping to see some better timing by Ozzie.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Ozzie put Cotts in because there was a string of lefties coming up to the plate.  How is it Ozzie's fault that Cotts completely choked?

actaully I would not bring in cotts if we are in a tie game or a close game. i only bring in cotts if we are down by three runs or more. Because he indeed does suck.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Thanks a lot Cotts you turd.  You wait till you give up 3 runs before you start pitching like you mean it. 

Asshole!

jeez man settle down.....he did a s***ty job, no doubt, the walk was the killer. he gave up a base hit that in any other situation is a double play, then a double, which woulda scored 1

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Ha, so you'd rather you have experimenting later in the season when the pressure is more intense.  Some of you will find anything you can to blame a loss on Ozzie.

I agree, if you're going to experiment, you do it early in the season. However, it seems like Ozzie picks one game to do all the experimenting. I don't blame him for the Cotts thing, it was the right move. I have a much bigger issue with Everett in the outfield, and Gload batting 2nd.

Another positive today.......Konerko looks as good at the plate as he did bad in the last few days. He's been hitting rockets all over the field. We need to pick up the hitting, because the Cell won't be playing like a pitcher's park, which Cleveland has definitely been this week.