El Caballo

sox-r-us

Carlos is going to be fine. I'll tell you what though I love what Pods brings to the table. Something that doesn't get mentioned much about scott is how he has long at bats. It's important for a leadoff hitter to work the pitcher and see a lot of pitches especially when the guy hitting behind you is in his first year in the majors.

Carlos is easy for me to root for still since he was traded away to a different league. I hope him all the best. I hope Lee can lead the Brewers over the Cubs, at least he'll have 19 games to kill the Cubs with this year instead of just 6. Maggs is tougher since he's still in our division.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
You are the king of sample sizes.

I'm sure glad that Vinny Castilla is one of the best third basemen ever.  And, Ozuna is probably right behind him for that awesome spring he had.

Where did I say Carlos was going to suck based on this limited early sample size? :huh:

Stop reading things when they do not exist. What I posted were facts and simply posted them for discussion. I did not even give my opinion yet. And I am a huge CLee fan (I still remember attending that Sox-Cubs game in Comiskey when CLee hit the grand slam in extra innings to send everyone home like it was yesterday) :gosox3:

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
Let's compare stats on the groin and Lee at the end of the year. My money's on Lee.

Comparing those two doesn't make any sense. At least as far as stats are concerned. They each bring something different to their respective teams. Now, if you want to compare the impact each player had on his teams success when the season is finished, then that would a worthy discussion. I can see Pods winning that particular comparison. I'm not saying he will, because Carlos is a damn good hitter, but he is capable.

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Let's compare stats on the groin and Lee at the end of the year. My money's on Lee.

Not a fair comparison. Pods is doing things for this team that CLee could never do, that we needed. Leadoff hitter, SBs, presence on the basepads. To try and "compare" stats at the end of the year is misleading. Pods isnt gonna hit 30 HRs....but then again CLee isnt gonna steal 60+ bases either. Lets just be content with the trade, we got a damn good bullpen arm in Luis, and a MUCH needed leadoff guy with speed in Pods.

Just wish CLee well with the Brewers, I know I hold no ill will towards him.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Just wish CLee well with the Brewers, I know I hold no ill will towards him.

Carlos frustrated the hell out of me a lot when he was here, but I won't say a bad thing about him. For good measure, when I went to the friday preseason game in Milwaukee, I bought me Caballo jersey shirt.

Of course I don't expect Carlos to struggle all season but the trade is looking pretty good for us so far...

Scott Podsednik          Carlos Lee
37 AB                    56 AB
.297 AVG                 .196 AVG
.325 OBP                 .270 OBP
.324 SLG                 .321 SLG
.649 OPS                 .591 OPS
0 HR                     1 HR
4 RBI                    8 RBI
6 SB                     0 SB
11 H                     11 H
6 R                      6 R
2 BB                     6 BB
3 SO                     11 SO

Apparently, Carlos must be up to his old tricks...

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...sg=8992.1&ctx=0

I am sick of hearing about how good Carlos Lee is and then watching El Ca-pop-out swing at the first pitch and send the ball 680 feet straight up into the air.

http://p092.ezboard.com/fbrewersfandemoniu...picID=338.topic

He'll come around...he needs to start going the other way with the ball. It almost like he's taking a Helmsesque hack at it and trying to pull everything.

Pop-ups? Trying to pull the ball every at bat? No, that doesn't sound like Carlos at all. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni