Sox all star votes

my5thbench

I was visiting White Sox .com....they show pics of several Sox players & it says

vote early & vote often. Frank Thomas' mugshot is among the group, now as

much as I & very many of all of you love the Big Hurt, can you imagine voting

for him NOW without having played a game & not knowing when he will.

I had to giggle, but........that being said I wouldn't be surprised if some of our die

hards have already voted for Frank :bang

oh well go go Soxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bench

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Don't worry...The Yanks and BoSox will field the entire AL starting lineup anyways.

.......even though their combined record might well be .500 or so by that time. That's why the all star game has no meaning to me anymore.

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Would that really be any worse than the fools that vote Vince Carter a starter in the NBA every year?

Managers do it also. Remeber the year Palmeiro won the GG and played only about 30 games at 1st?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Don't worry...The Yanks and BoSox will field the entire AL starting lineup anyways.

don't forget Ichiro...he could go 0-for-May thru June and still get the votes because every Japanese citizen with an internet connection voting for him in RF.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
don't forget Ichiro...he could go 0-for-May thru June and still get the votes because every Japanese citizen with an internet connection voting for him in RF.

Ichiro is godly and should be in the all star game year in year out unlike some guys.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)

That could help in getting a certain White Sox second baseman in.

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
What is really sad is, is Frank taking Pauly's spot and he can't even get voted for! That is the saddest part of all this.

Edit: I see Pauly is on the first base ballot, didn't know they had one for DH.

They have a spot for DH whenever it's in an AL ballpark. There is no DH spot when it's in an NL park.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
Am I the only one who votes for people based on how they are playing?  Damn, people voting for Frank right now, are the reason that the fans shouldn't get to vote.  Vote for someone who deserves to go, not some legacy player.

You suck! :P