Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
now im confused

You to are saying that same thing, I’m the guy who likes the nuggets, and were not done yet, Denver would beat them all, I’m not to sure about the rockets and I know they cant beat the suns, so not all the teams at least 5. But that doesn't matter only thing that matters is that they split two with San Antonio and are headed home, just have to come up big.

and i forgot the pacers!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Reggie w/ 33 as Indiana beats the Celtics to win 99-76.

Pacers up 2-1 with game 4 on Saturday.

Reggie simply boggles the mind. To play at this level at his age is amazing. He needs to come back for another year.

Edited by Jordan4life_2004

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
Reggie simply boggles the mind.  To play at this level at his age is amazing.  He needs to come back for another year.

i hope he does, he just keeps getting better, unfortunately he didnt post these numbers earlier in the season

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Game's not even over when I'm posting this, but the Pacers-Celtics series is tied at 2-2.

You went out on a limb saying that... :P

Walker doesn't play and they have an awesome game. Shocking.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
I think I saw chandler contributing today...

When he wasn't getting man-handled by etan thomas...

I didn't get to see the game yesterday, although I saw like 15 minutes worth of delay tape at 2 in the morning. I watched Etan get a couple of open baskets due to a confused Othella Harrington. He took 9 shots in the game, so minus those two, he had 7 with other "bigs" guarding him.

What was Etan's line against Chandler, straight up? He got man-handled?

On one hand, people are saying that he wasn't his usual defensive self. On the other hand, here's a copy and paste job from a Jim O'Donnell column:

Chandler's commendable aggressiveness at both ends seemed like one of the few points of consistent fire for the losers....Sure he fouled out with 7 minutes to go, but half of his fouls came when he was trying to cover flow-through from porous perimiter defense.

Maybe someone else can chime in and provide some thoughts on Tyson in game 3. It looks like Etan had the game of his life.

15 points, 10 boards, and 4 blocks in 27 minutes, but the consensus is that he wasn't his usual defensive self. And I know that it had nothing to do with his finger.

Losing a game wasn't all that bothered the Bulls. They were guilty of 19 turnovers and allowed 21 offensive rebounds, which were two areas of primary concern before the series began.

But what frustrated and even angered several Bulls even more was the fact they weren't allowed to play the kind of aggressive, physical defense that was their staple in the regular season.

The Bulls were guilty of 34 fouls, easily a team playoff record, and nearly their entire front line fouled out. Forwards Antonio Davis and Tyson Chandler each had six fouls and Othella Harrington picked up five in just 19 minutes.

At that rate, seldom-used center Jared Reiner could become a factor in the series.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/011sd1.htm

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(backman @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Did anyone hear Jason Williams after the game apparently he went off? But I missed it does anyone know what he said?

Jason Williams and Shane Battier for Steve Francis please. :lol:

QUOTE(backman @ May 2, 2005 -> 07:32 AM)
Did anyone hear Jason Williams after the game apparently he went off? But I missed it does anyone know what he said?

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis guard Jason Williams took out his anger over how he was quoted in a newspaper column by grabbing a pen out of the writer's hand Sunday night after the Grizzlies' playoff loss to the Phoenix Suns.

The Suns had just swept the Grizzlies out of the opening round by winning 123-115 in Game 4. Reporters were in the Memphis locker room when Williams twice took the pen out of the hand of Geoff Calkins, a columnist for The Commercial Appeal.

Williams screamed in his ear as the reporter tried talking to other Grizzlies.

"You can talk to TNT, but don't answer this [reporter's] questions," Williams said. "I'm not letting him write anything. I didn't do anything. I just took his pen."

Eventually, Williams had to be pulled away by Grizzlies guard Mike Miller. But after getting in Calkins' face again, another Memphis official took Williams out of the locker room.

The column that appeared in Sunday's newspaper was critical of the Grizzlies' lackadaisical play and included a quote from Williams, "I'm happy. I go home and see my kids and my wife and I'm OK. All of this [stuff] is secondary to me."

Williams set a playoff-high with 21 points in Game 2 and had 20 points and eight assists in Game 4.