Official NBA Playoffs Thread

It's funny because Williams had a great series and sports writers always talk about putting things in perspective when something serious happens outside the sports world. They talk about how sports is secondary and this douchebag writer was trying to make Williams into a bad guy for that quote. I'm not saying Williams is a saint, but I see nothing wrong with that quote.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Where Dbaho and Qwerty?  Saying the Nets could possibly upset the Heat.  lol.  They didn't even really need Shaq to complete the sweep.

I said they could give them troubles i believe. I never thought they could beat them in a series. If i did say that i was on hard core drugs.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
Where Dbaho and Qwerty?  Saying the Nets could possibly upset the Heat.  lol.  They didn't even really need Shaq to complete the sweep.

Meh. Jason Kidd quit.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Mavs hold on 103-100.  What a great series this has been.  T-mac on the verge of a second mind boggling playoff collapse.

Mavericks rock, i love them. Too bad they are not gonna get much farther this year than years past due to their defense.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Mavs hold on 103-100.  What a great series this has been.  T-mac on the verge of a second mind boggling playoff collapse.

Yeah, but my question is how do the refs miss Michael Finley knocking the ball from Barry while standing out of bounds with under 1 minute to go in the game. Completely inexcusable.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
Yeah, but my question is how do the refs miss Michael Finley knocking the ball from Barry while standing out of bounds with under 1 minute to go in the game.  Completely inexcusable.

Nba refs have proven to be by far the worst in pro sports.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 2, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Mavericks rock, i love them. Too bad they are not gonna get much farther this year than years past due to their defense.

Actually, their defense is much improved from years past. I still don't see them beating the Suns in round 2, assuming they close out this series.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Actually,  their defense is much improved from years past.  I still don't see them beating the Suns in round 2,  assuming they close out this series.

Not that hard to improve on last years defense.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 3, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Kwame = suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Damnit, Mr. Automatic Turnover is only going to help the Wizards by not playing. My favorite Scottie quote from his announcing so far, "I don't like anything about his game," when speaking of Kwame.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 3, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Damnit, Mr. Automatic Turnover is only going to help the Wizards by not playing. My favorite Scottie quote from his announcing so far, "I don't like anything about his game," when speaking of Kwame.

PIP :wub:

Great, more minutes for etan thomas to dominate tyson...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
Why?

I hate both teams almost equally, but probably the pacers a little more...

Hate walker, he is extremely overated. Bad team player. Also, i have always hated when a team does trade and then the team they traded with purposely cuts a player so that the other team can get him back. Boston fans have also had way to much to cheer about the last three years.

I like how the pacers made the playoffs when practically no one thought they had a shot. What they have don ethis year is impressive as all hell.