Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Buehrle was throwing batting practice pitches up there.  I'm not blaming the entire game on him, but to dismiss his pitching is kind of rediculous.

He wasn;t his best. I'll grant you that. He still got totally shafted though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
So how did Willie do tonight?  His excellent glovework and bat sure helped us win tonight.

Ditto Ozuna

Ditto Dye

Ditto Ozzie

Ditto Buehrle

Ditto every f***ing person

WILLIE HARRIS DID NOT LOSE THIS GAME

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
ouch, that's not very good. Especially when you figure that Everrett turns around, Dye could become the Podz-platoon when lefties pitch with Frank back. I still hate the idea of quasi-platooning your leadoff hitter though.

Do you really think Frank is coming back?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:31 AM)
Jabroni care to tell me what Crede's batting average and Cotts's era is.  If you were Kenny they'd both be gone by now too.

There's a hell of a lot more guys that you can add to that list. Anyone who's not immediately playing at an All-Star level would've been gone.

Like last year? Rowand gone, Garland gone, Shingo gone after his blowup in New York, Konerko -- oh, gone in 2003, Thomas probably gone in 2002.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)
So how did Willie do tonight?  His excellent glovework and bat sure helped us win tonight.

Willie didn't ground into a double play with runners on 1st and 3rd, one out though. Both Ozuna and Willie had bad games today. I don't get this pissing contest at all.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)
16-5

16-5

16-5

16-5

16-5

Everyone, repeat after me....

16-5

16-5

16-5

16-5

Maybe, just maybe, we have been spoiled by all the winning. Sox fans aren't really used to that kind of success.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Get back to me at the end of the year bud.

Good you ran right into my point, why don't you wait till the end of the year with willie?? Probably because you have your guys pointed out who you just dislike and will blame them for everything no matter what even if it's 1 game in a 162 season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
There's a hell of a lot more guys that you can add to that list.  Anyone who's not immediately playing at an All-Star level would've been gone.

Like last year?  Rowand gone, Garland gone, Shingo gone after his blowup in New York, Konerko -- oh, gone in 2003, Thomas probably gone in 2002.

LOL!! I notice a trend here.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
That diving play by Ginter with the bags loaded was huge.  If he doesn't make that, we win.

Yeah, there were 3 big plays that really cost the Sox on offense tonight:

- Ozuna's DP

- Kotsay gunning out "Piano-back" Iguchi at home

- Ginter's diving play on Podsednik's grounder

Good you ran right into my point, why don't you wait till the end of the year with willie?? Probably because you have your guys pointed out who you just dislike and will blame them for everything no matter what even if it's 1 game in a 162 season.

Willie isn't going to have a chance to prove me wrong. Once Frank is healthy, Willie will be starting at 2nd base for the Charlotte Knights. Book it.

Edited by Jabroni

There are 162 games and every team of every season has more than one game like tonight. Mistakes were made tonight but what's irritating is that a single mistake by Ozzie, Willie, or anyone on the team turns into a hate fest. Criticize the play or the decision but be reasonable folks. We didn't get to 16-5 by accident.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Yeah, there were 3 big plays that really cost the Sox on offense tonight:

- Ozuna's DP

- Kotsay gunning out "Piano-back" Iguchi at home

- Ginter's diving play on Podsednik's grounder

Iguchi is really banged up. He hurt his leg last night.

Jabroni,

Do the White Sox have more, IF depth or OF depth?

When Frank Thomas gets back will they need more players who can do few things, or more players who can play multiple positions?

If Harris is hitting over .300 when Frank gets back, say goodbye to Timo $1mil Perez.

SB

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:35 AM)
Willie isn't going to have a chance to prove me wrong.  Once Frank is healthy, Willie will be starting at 2nd base for the Charlotte Knights.  Book it.

LOL. Harris is still better than Ozuna, and I don't give two s***s what Kenny Williams thinks -- which is really what you're basing your whole argument on.

Timber...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
There's a hell of a lot more guys that you can add to that list.  Anyone who's not immediately playing at an All-Star level would've been gone.

Like last year?  Rowand gone, Garland gone, Shingo gone after his blowup in New York, Konerko -- oh, gone in 2003, Thomas probably gone in 2002.

Oh Keith there is no doubt, I just mentioned Neal and Joe cause those are the guys already this year he's wanted to boot after 1 bad play or 1 bad inning.