Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Yes.  Buehrle has to take some of the responsibility for tonight's loss.  No doubt.

I never said he didn't deserve some responsibility but you have to wonder how much of that gets avoided if he doesn't get screwed by the Umps and Dye.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
I never said he didn't deserve some responsibility but you have to wonder how much of that gets avoided if he doesn't get screwed by the Umps and Dye.

You're willing to overlook Mark's failures tonight, but want to crucify Dye. There is some inconsistancy there. Harris, Dye, Buehrle, Ozzie, all of 'em lost this game tonight.

Your argument was the money, now its clearing waivers.

So your saying that the White Sox should send down more talented players because they might risk losing Timo on waivers, or him being released?

I think the fact that he cant play for our team and does not fit into our long term plans should be reason enough that its an easy decision to let him go.

But I guess it makes more sense to keep the lower quality player around on the bench wasting a roster spot.

SB

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
You're willing to overlook Mark's failures tonight, but want to crucify Dye.  There is some inconsistancy there.  Harris, Dye, Buehrle, Ozzie, all of 'em lost this game tonight.

I lost count of how many times I said it but MB does deserve some of the blame for tonights loss.

I never denied this fact.

The Dye thing is just pent up anger at his suckage lately. Hopefully this is a low point of his season but he better get his s*** together and quickly.

Your argument was the money, now its clearing waivers.

So your saying that the White Sox should send down more talented players because they might risk losing Timo on waivers, or him being released?

I think the fact that he cant play for our team and does not fit into our long term plans should be reason enough that its an easy decision to let him go.

But I guess it makes more sense to keep the lower quality player around on the bench wasting a roster spot.

SB

I don't need to have an argument. I am predicting what Kenny will do. How can I be wrong if that's the way I'm looking at it?

Predictions can be wrong.

Pretty simple.

If I predict that a meteor is going to hit the Earth tomorrow and it does not happen, then eventhough it was a prediction I was still wrong.

Theres plenty of time before Frank gets back, hope you dont go changing your prediction.

SB

Predictions can be wrong.

Pretty simple.

If I predict that a meteor is going to hit the Earth tomorrow and it does not happen, then eventhough it was a prediction I was still wrong.

Theres plenty of time before Frank gets back, hope you dont go changing your prediction.

SB

If Reinsdorf feels like paying off Timo's $1 million contract even though he's already paying Ben Davis $1 million to play for Charlotte, instead of just optioning Willie to Charlotte then maybe. It could happen but I wouldn't even bet a dollar on it.

My last comments on this game:

It should have been a W, period.

Ozzie f***ed up, he left Buerhle in way too long and he has done this already a few times this year. We have just won in spite of that.

I think the guy at home was out, I think Marte balked, Jermaine Dye will not do that often, nor will Pablo Ozuna. The official scorer did not give Willie Harris an E, but he should have. Willie has no business playing SS.

Let's hope Uribe and Ozuna are fine and at least 1 is ready to go tomorrow.

If my comments about Ozzie offended some, I cannot help that. He needs to be smarter and make better decisions, he is not a rookie manager anymore.

I get pissed everytime The Sox lose and just because we won 8 in a row, I will not lay off that, I want them to win everyday.

Let's also hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Sorry, but I've been a Sox fan for 20+ years.