Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uribe appears to have tweaked his groin pulling away from an inside pitch.

He wanted to stay in, it doesn't look too serious. But Guillen pulled him out.

Crede in to pinch hit on a 3-0 count.

Crede walks.

Runners at 1st and 2nd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:08 AM)
Who's our starting SS if Uribe goes on the DL?  Ozuna?  I don't think we have anyone in the minors who's ready to contribute.

Relax man, Juan will be fine. If you have ever pulled your groin before, or even just tweaked it you'll find that it tends to feel MUCH worse than it usually is. It's a sensitive muscle but also heals quickly if you take care of it.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Relax man, Juan will be fine.  If you have ever pulled your groin before, or even just tweaked it you'll find that it tends to feel MUCH worse than it usually is.  It's a sensitive muscle but also heals quickly if you take care of it.

Unless your name is Nomar.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
Relax man, Juan will be fine.  If you have ever pulled your groin before, or even just tweaked it you'll find that it tends to feel MUCH worse than it usually is.  It's a sensitive muscle but also heals quickly if you take care of it.

I've also seen plenty of players that go on the DL with groin strains. Of course, this isn't a Nomar-like situation (hopefully). However, groin strains can be an injury that takes a few weeks to heal completely.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
It's Major League Baseball man, 162 game season, people are going to get hurt unless you field a squad of 25 Cal Ripken Jr's.

yet it's only april and:

frank

pods

pierz

crede

juan

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
yet it's only april and:

frank

pods

pierz

crede

juan

Franks been out since last year. Pods is in the lineup tonight, AJ had a ball bounce off his toe, Crede is on 1st base, Uribe walked off looking just fine, RELAX.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
It's Major League Baseball man, 162 game season, people are going to get hurt unless you field a squad of 25 Cal Ripken Jr's.

I'm well aware of that. In the last few days, we had Contreras with the hammy, and even El Duque came up lame after a plate at first plate. A.J. has the toe problem after being hit, and Iguchi, Crede, and Uribe have been banged up all in this series. However, I'm very grateful that there's been nothing too serious yet. All you have to do is look to the Scrubs to see how quickly season ending injuries can occur......AND NOW OZUNA IS BANGED UP!

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
Franks been out since last year.  Pods is in the lineup tonight, AJ had a ball bounce off his toe, Crede is on 1st base, Uribe walked off looking just fine, RELAX.

haha i'm fine, i'm just pointing out that if we continue banging ourselves up things could get interesting.

believe me when i panic you'll know.

or not... but maybe