Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
I'm sorry but given the way we are playing as a team I find that opinion moronic.  You have a right to that opinion but I also have a right to think your opinion is stupid.

We've gone from a station to station team with bad pitching and poor defense to the complete opposite and so far so good.  And, clearly Ozzie was the guy pushing for the change.  And, every game there is situation after situation like runners moving with the count full and one out, hit and run plays, and various things.

Here's the one thing I want to see from my manager on a consistent basis: Put the team in the best chance to succeed that game. Yes, there will be games where the other team hits a big 3 run homer or the other pitcher throws a gem. However, I do have a problem with the manager obviously lets his team down with his decisions on lineups and pitching strategies/bullpen use.

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:31 AM)
This is a joke, right? I mean ... it seems like you're blaming the balk on Ozzie ...

No, I'm blaming Ozzie for letting Buehrle start that inning when he had been lucky to survive 5 innings in this game.

QUOTE(whitesoxeducator @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
there goes the win for buerhle

ITs his own damn fault in a sense. Ozzie could of pulled him a little early, but regardless Buehrle got plenty of support and couldn't get the win. s*** happens. Hopefully the Sox can get some more runs and the bullpen can shut em down from here on out.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
Did you even see the play?  Hatteberg stepped out of the box.  It was a horrible call by the ump. :rolly

Umpire didn't call timeout. If he did, then it would have been a terrible call. However, just cause a player steps out, doesn't mean you can break your hands like that from the stretch.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
for two years since last october...yes

Believe it or not, I was a Sox fan before I joined this board. Common sense would tell you that I discuss The Sox outside of this board.

All I am saying is that Ozzie makes stupid decisions and we have gotten lucky in some of these wins in spite of it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Here's the one thing I want to see from my manager on a consistent basis:  Put the team in the best chance to succeed that game.  Yes, there will be games where the other team hits a big 3 run homer or the other pitcher throws a gem.  However, I do have a problem with the manager obviously lets his team down with his decisions on lineups and pitching strategies/bullpen use.

For example, he just keeps Crede in the 9 spot while Dye is hitting like absolute s*** and stays in the 5 hole. Jermaine Dye needs to be moved from the 5 spot, not later, NOW. When he starts hitting he can move back up, but Ozzie is hurting the offense with Dye sticking in the 5 hole.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
Nah, Cora is a pretty darn good 3rd base coach.  Aside from that Ozzie definately mismanged this.  You could tell Mark didn't have it and Marte is up for a reason.

Of course on the flipside, Buehrle pitches quite well to Chavez so who knows. Still he left him in a little too long.

Cora is ok, but I cringe a lot of times when I see hin sending guys home. The Sox get lucky a lot there too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
For example, he just keeps Crede in the 9 spot while Dye is hitting like absolute s*** and stays in the 5 hole.  Jermaine Dye needs to be moved from the 5 spot, not later, NOW.  When he starts hitting he can move back up, but Ozzie is hurting the offense with Dye sticking in the 5 hole.

Kristin Kreuk is hottttt :wub:

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Cora is ok, but I cringe a lot of times when I see hin sending guys home. The Sox get lucky a lot there too.

He was the best 3rd base coach in baseball last year and seems to do his job. Sure people get thrown out every once in a great while, but most of the time he's right and typcially the Sox are getting the extra base. I'd rather see that with the ocassional agressive throw out than the other way around. HE's not just stupidly waving guys home.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
For example, he just keeps Crede in the 9 spot while Dye is hitting like absolute s*** and stays in the 5 hole.  Jermaine Dye needs to be moved from the 5 spot, not later, NOW.  When he starts hitting he can move back up, but Ozzie is hurting the offense with Dye sticking in the 5 hole.

Yeah, but Dye is hitting everything hard now!!

Dye has no reason to be hitting 5th in this lineup

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)

It's all about the players feeling ''comfortable''. :rolly

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Anyone notice that there are 94 users on line right now?  Is this opening day?

Not bad for a late-night west coast game. :cheers

Probably the WCIU deal putting a few Extra Innings package folks online tonight. Lord knows that's why I'm slumming... :D

QUOTE(whitesoxeducator @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:34 AM)
im sure you all could do a better job than ozzie, so why are you all here? don't you people have 31 other teams to coach?

No offense, but that's the lamest f***ing comeback in these types of arguments. I guarantee you that there'are a TON of people that could do a better job than a lot of the managers in MLB. If you honestly think that letting Buehrle start that inning against two righties was a smart decision, then I don't know what to say.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Jason, how often do you get to see Duscherer (sp)?  He's got a real nice curveball, and everytime I see him, he dominates.

Not often, but he seems to be a pretty good reliever stastically. I haven't watched him pitch enough to tell you much about him other than his numbers.