Baj ERA Watch

Heads22

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
And he might not.  But for people to base that off of just 25 days in the majors, and throwing out what he has done in the minors, is just retarded.

Way too many of our posters do that to way too many of our kids when they come up and struggle.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 10, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
I'm not sure lovefest is the right word, but I like him because he is one of the most humble, classiest players I have ever met.  And he is very talented.  Some guys, whether they make it big in the Majors or not are worth rooting for.

Dont get me wrong, this has nothing to do with the type of person he is.. I am sure hes a stand up guy.. and of course he has talent, otherwise he wouldnt be where he is.. I just dont think he is gonna be a solid major league player.. I could be proven wrong though, and it wouldnt bother me either because it would only benefit the Sox

I hope Baj gets his shot I got to see him last season he was outstanding and people need to remeber Baj last season was only 2 years off Tommy John Surgery and with every season he gets better so I wouldn't take any stock in last years numbers

Well by last years numbers I'm assuming your referring to his major league numbers?

Regardless I'm with you though. I think he's going to make a solid reliever and I can only hope its with the White Sox. However, I don't think it will be till next year unless someone gets hurt. Its unfortunate, but the pen is quite full.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Well by last years numbers I'm assuming your referring to his major league numbers? 

Regardless I'm with you though.  I think he's going to make a solid reliever and I can only hope its with the White Sox.  However, I don't think it will be till next year unless someone gets hurt.  Its unfortunate, but the pen is quite full.

Yes I have seen on people post about his Sox's Numbers last season. He was outstanding for the Barons last season it was game over when he came in last year.

He can pitch, and anyone saying "he can't pitch" based on those ten innings last year on that small stint in the majors last year alone should give him a second chance.

He's obviously got the stuff to be good, he's just gotta let the nerves go when he gets up here. I assume it was pretty anxious, wasn't that his first time in the majors?

18.1 innings and 5 hits now. I watched him for an inning yesterday and I think the Lynx touched him for 1 foul ball. That was the best they could do. The speed gun beside me registered 89 MPH at his tops. I don't know how this compares with past performances. I was surprised. It looked like he was throwing harder.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
18.1 innings and 5 hits now.  I watched him for an inning yesterday and I think the Lynx touched him for 1 foul ball.  That was the best they could do.  The speed gun beside me registered 89 MPH at his tops.  I don't know how this compares with past performances.  I was surprised.  It looked like he was throwing harder.

I remeber doing the gun for him a little last season and he hit 91-93 but there is so many differnet variables involved.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(obno @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
Bajenaru's era .94 28.2 IP  15 walks  33 stirkouts and only 14 hits allowed.  What else does he need to do to be given a shot ?

I agree that he should be given a shot with those types of numbers, the only two that i think he would replace are Shingo and Vizcaino.