around the horn

quickman

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Only one of our everday players has an average above .300 and he's a rookie from Japan named Tadahito Iguchi.  These guys are national sports guys, you can't possibly expect them to know the intricacies of the ballclub.

Most of the time I'd agree with you. Accept, this was Woody Paige here. That guy lost his mind years ago and I doubt that he knows s*** about the Sox.

But yes, it is too much to ask for national guys to know everything about us.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
It's wrong to go on a show and make the claim that no one is hitting over .300 without actually looking it up.

That is bad.

So sue him. Stat-Boy agreed with him, should be blast him as well?

It's a goofy, entertaining national show. If they spewed out a bunch of stats, folks would tune out. This is all just MHO, but, not a big deal.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Addy you've got to quit being so level headed.  If you're not in line for World Series tickets now, you're not going to be able to get them.

can you please update your stats. i actually use your stats.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Good call Woddy on no .300 hitters moron.

Yeah, for some reason that really bothered me. I think it's because Reali is 'Stat Boy' and didn't know the stat. I couldn't help but send an e-mail to correct him.

"On the 5/9 episode of ATH you had a buy/sell on whether the White Sox would make it to the World Series. Woody Paige sold it on the argument that the White Sox don't have a .300 hitter. Of their starters, Tadahito Iguchi is batting .333 in 102 at bats. Oops. Usually Reali is good on knowing stats but just said, "Good point" and gave Woody credit. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks,

Danny (a White Sox fan)"

Woody being wrong isn't surprising, but I just couldn't help correcting Stat Boy on a Stat.

Who cares what they say on ESPN. And of corse Moronoti is going to find ways to bash the Sox. I like hearing what they say because it makes me laugh- there East-Coast biase drives me nuts. They are about to talk about them on PTI lets see what they have to say to bash the Sox.

Wilbon said sadly that the White Sox have come closer to the Cubs and both said that the Sox will never get credit for winning. Even a Cubs fans noticed it. Wilbon even made the point that the Sox are way more exciting to watch, but yet the Cubs have outdrawed them thus far by a ton. I agree.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Dickweed brings his 4 games vs. + .500 teams argument.

Hey Captain dips*** who the f*** made Tornoto a .500 team

This is a show about arguing so if I were on it I'd be discussing the same things if I were talking about the flip side.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Wilbon said sadly that the White Sox have come closer to the Cubs and both said that the Sox will never get credit for winning. Even a Cubs fans noticed it. Wilbon even made the point that the Sox are way more exciting to watch, but yet the Cubs have outdrawed them thus far by a ton. I agree.

I have to say...Wilbon in my head is probably one of the most respectable scrubs fans out there. He always tells it like it is and really isnt biased when he reports. If I was a good writer I was thinking about writing up one of those online petitions to get kotex boy ousted from Around the Horn or at least something to tell the sun-times i refuse to read thier paper and would rather read the other paper that owns the flubs.... if anyone could do it try out

Online Petition

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I have to say...Wilbon in my head is probably one of the most respectable scrubs fans out there. He always tells it like it is and really isnt biased when he reports. If I was a good writer I was thinking about writing up one of those online petitions to get kotex boy ousted from Around the Horn or at least something to tell the sun-times i refuse to read thier paper and would rather read the other paper that owns the flubs.... if anyone could do it try out

Online Petition

PTI is just a great show. And completely agree with what you say on Wilbon.

Hey guys. I've been thinking about this "weak schedule" BS. Usually, when someone brings that up, they throw a comment about 6 wins vs. KC in there to empahsize their point. The best response to that has got be something along the lines of, "That's true, we are 6-0 against a weak Kansas City team. However, if you just throw away those 6 victories and not even count them, WE'D STILL BE IN FIRST PLACE."

Feel free to use this against any imbecilic Cub fans you encounter. :D

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 10, 2005 -> 04:55 AM)
Hey guys.  I've been thinking about this "weak schedule" BS.  Usually, when someone brings that up, they throw a comment about 6 wins vs. KC in there to empahsize their point.  The best response to that has got be something along the lines of, "That's true, we are 6-0 against a weak Kansas City team.  However, if you just throw away those 6 victories and not even count them, WE'D STILL BE IN FIRST PLACE."

Feel free to use this against any imbecilic Cub fans you encounter. :D

well yeah....we're 6-0 against a weak team.....you want us to be 3-3. We should always beat weak teams. Everyone has to play "weak teams" 18 or 19 times in their divisions.....we happen to start off 6-0 against ours....Which is what we should do against them.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ May 10, 2005 -> 06:17 AM)
well yeah....we're 6-0 against a weak team.....you want us to be 3-3.  We should always beat weak teams.  Everyone has to play "weak teams" 18 or 19 times in their divisions.....we happen to start off 6-0 against ours....Which is what we should do against them.

:huh

One more thing about the weak schedule arguement is that the Twins have basically played the same teams that we have. Pretty much we play them, and then the Twins play 'em, and vice versa.

I know that doesn't apply on a full AL level, but it is apt in the ALC arguement.