Gamethread 5/10/05

Ishmookie

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 10, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Another Sox hitter gets drilled.  Podsednik this time.

I can't see it, so I'm not sure if it's intentional. But, I'm getting pretty f***in tired of our guys getting plunked. It's about time for the Count to put a 90something mph fastball in someone's back.

Patience Iguchi with Pods on base. Not sure what the scouting report is, but I would love to see Iguchi try to let Pods get into scoring position with 2 outs there. Oh well, good job by bottom of the order there.

Guest JimH

Booooooooooo ...

Bad fundamental baseball there, Iguchi needs to take a few and let Podsednik try to steal. Instead he grounds out on the first pitch. Inning over, 2-0 Sox.

Patience Iguchi with Pods on base.  Not sure what the scouting report is, but I would love to see Iguchi try to let Pods get into scoring position with 2 outs there.  Oh well, good job by bottom of the order there.

I didn't get that one either. He should have taken a couple of pitches and gave Pods a chance to steal 2nd.

Guest JimH

Podsednik getting plunked was definitely not intentional. He's the last guy they want on with two outs.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 10, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Booooooooooo ...

Bad fundamental baseball there, Iguchi needs to take a few and let Podsednik try to steal.  Instead he grounds out on the first pitch.  Inning over, 2-0 Sox.

He's almost always doing the fundamental things, but sometimes you can see him make some rookie mistakes. That makes sense, though, because he's a rookie here. :D

What's the scouting report on Hendrickson holding runners on?

He is a novice when it comes to keeping runners on...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=6978

Defense

The former NBA forward is a relatively good athlete and fields his position better than one would expect for someone his size. He is agile and has good hands, though he occasionally leaves himself in awkward fielding positions. Hendrickson is working on getting better control of the running game, reducing the number of bases stolen against him from 20 in 2003 to 11.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(JimH @ May 10, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
The Sox broadcasting crew digging up all kinds of Ventura stats, slobbering all over his knob.

Yeah, DJ's really been pouring it on these two games.

"Must be good to be Robin Ventura."

"19 career Grand Slams? Amazing."

Guest JimH
Yeah, DJ's really been pouring it on these two games.

"Must be good to be Robin Ventura."

"19 career Grand Slams? Amazing."

I guess they're trying to flatter him to get him back into the organization.

He (Contreras) hits Green, 1st and 2nd, no outs.