Brian Anderson

C_LEE45

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Chances are great that Anderson would not continue to hit over .300 on the Major league level. Just look at that outfield prospect we had in our system last year Jeremy reed who had a .327 career minor league avg. and is now hitting .252 for the Mariners.

Strikeouts show that he is still adjusting to the improved pitching that he is now facing in AAA compared to what he faced in AA.

Hitting-wise, Reed and Anderson are completely different players, so I dont buy your comparison. There is also a reason why we were eager to not unload Anderson, and letting Reed go was not a tough situation. Strikeouts show that he is being agressive at the plate and letting his hands go. His walks have improved and his BA and OBP are looking better than what people expected. Not to mention his power numbers are improving throughout the system. I see no need to claim that he will not continue this level of success at the major league level.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
They aren't bringing Anderson up unless there's a significant injury.

You guys can beat that drum all you want and wish and want and hope, but it won't happen.  Williams and Wilder want him in AAA to get experience, he is there and not here for a reason.

True, but Dye is due for a serious hangnail resulting in the DL soon.

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
listen man it will not hurt to bring Anderson up to see what he has to offer,just face it dye and timo SUCK!!!!!

OK so who are you releasing off of the 40 man roster to call up Anderson and insure that there is still a spot for Brandon McCarthy in case of injury?

Ok, so would you say Brian Anderson is potentially a better player than Ross Gload.  Also if we could agree that Anderson is a better player than our current RF'er, wouldnt it be beneficial to not only see what he can do, but also raise his trade value if thats what we need to do.

I never said Brain Anderson couldn't do a better job than Dead but then again, I don't know for sure either. The problem is that bringing him up would start his arbitration clock early and he would still be sharing time with Dead in RF. It's a similar reason to why bringing up McCarthy would be a bad idea. I don't think the Sox want to bring up Anderson until he is our opening day RF'er. They will give Dead every chance to break out of his horrific slump and only bring up Anderson as a last resort.

listen man it will not hurt to bring Anderson up to see what he has to offer,just face it dye and timo SUCK!!!!!

Yes, it would hurt. It would start Anderson's arbitration clock early.

Edited by Jabroni

Guest JimH
True, but Dye is due for a serious hangnail resulting in the DL soon.

LOL, if that happens, he will be the man.

Also keep an eye on Sweeney, he is en fuego at Birmingham. He is coming along fast, very fast.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I never said Brain Anderson couldn't do a better job than Dead but then again, I don't know for sure either.  The problem is that bringing him up would start his arbitration clock early and he would still be sharing time with Dead in RF.  It's a similar reason to why bringing up McCarthy would be a bad idea.  I don't think the Sox want to bring up Anderson until he is our opening day RF'er.  They will give Dead every chance to break out of his horrific slump and only bring up Anderson as a last resort.

Probably a very true statement. None of us want to get the clock ticking on our OF of the future, but in all honesty, either Dye or Anderson will not be with the Sox next year in my eyes.

As far as BMAC goes, i dont think he is ready, he has had 2 tough outings in a row in AAA, I dont want to see him until next year.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)

Also keep an eye on Sweeney, he is en fuego at Birmingham.  He is coming along fast, very fast.

I saw that, RS has one of the most effortless swings I have seen in awhile, that kid is going to hit line drives all day for the sox. I've said it before several times, I cant wait until our whole OF is home grown, its gonna be nasty.

Also keep an eye on Sweeney, he is en fuego at Birmingham.  He is coming along fast, very fast.

Wow, I just looked at Sweeney's numbers. It's a small sample size but damn, he is tearing it up along with Jerry Owens. We could have a sick starting outfield in the future with Ryan Sweeney in LF, Jerry Owens in CF, and Brain Anderson in RF.

Seems like we said that all of our fifth starter candidates last year couldn't do any worse than the last. We are pretty familiar with how that went. Brian is an awesome talent and I have no doubt he's a potential solid big leaguer. I'd personally prefer to wait for him to adjust to AAA pitching before we toss him in a pennant race.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Wow, I just looked at Sweeney's numbers.  It's a small sample size but damn, he is tearing it up along with Jerry Owens.  We could have a sick starting outfield in the future with Ryan Sweeney in LF, Jerry Owens in CF, and Brain Anderson in RF.

Not to mention our possible rotation with Liotta, Gio, BMAC, etc

sick bullpen, Baj, jenks etc

IF could be fields, Rogo, Uribe

We have ALOT of talent waiting in the wings.

I could see Sweeney in Charlotte soon with Bikowski, Spidale and Borchard all struggling mightly. Roosevelt Brown looks like quite the solid pickup though.

Roosevelt Brown has always been a guy that tears it up in AAA. He's just not good enough for the majors. He is like an AAAA hitter.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Roosevelt Brown has always been a guy that tears it up in AAA.  He's just not good enough for the majors.  He is like an AAAA hitter.

hahahaha, White Sox, home of the only AAAA team.

We could come up with a serious team of career AAA guys who arent good enough to make that last step.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
In terms of Anderson callups, let's also not forget that he's only had about 50 or so at bats total at AAA.  I don't like the idea of trading him, but I like the idea of bringing him up even less.

137 Atbats in AAA.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Still not a lot, although I stand corrected as being too lazy to check myself.

Laziness is inexcusable!!!!

Either way, I think that Dye, in my eyes, has proven himself worthless. And I would like to see someone try and win that position.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Laziness is inexcusable!!!!

Either way, I think that Dye, in my eyes, has proven himself worthless. And I would like to see someone try and win that position.

I am starting the clock today. If on June 15th, Dye is still hovering around the Mendoza line, I'll agree with you and say his chances to prove himself have expired.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
I am starting the clock today.  If on June 15th, Dye is still hovering around the Mendoza line, I'll agree with you and say his chances to prove himself have expired.

I agree, I will try and stop posting that he is worthless until that date comes and goes, after that, every post will begin with Dye is worthless.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 17, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
I thought we were in first place? Patience is a virtue and we must be patient with our hitters. They will hit. Do not panic! Anderson and others need more seasoning at the AAA level.

People said this about Crede last year and Valentin. I hope we arent sitting with Kong at 210 in August in a pennant race.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
People said this about Crede last year and Valentin.  I hope we arent sitting with Kong at 210 in August in a pennant race.

If Konerko is hitting .210 come July, I'll be calling either for a trade or for Gload to take his spot. Supposedly Gload can play some near gold-glove caliber 1b, and if he can pull things together as a .300 hitter like he was last year, even with less power his average would improve the offense.

Hopefully Paulie will pull things out. It's not like he's not hitting the ball - I don't know if I've ever seen a guy hit that many hard balls down the left field line that are either caught by the 3b or go just foul.

If Konerko is hitting .210 come July, I'll be calling either for a trade or for Gload to take his spot.  Supposedly Gload can play some near gold-glove caliber 1b, and if he can pull things together as a .300 hitter like he was last year, even with less power his average would improve the offense.

Hopefully Paulie will pull things out.  It's not like he's not hitting the ball - I don't know if I've ever seen a guy hit that many hard balls down the left field line that are either caught by the 3b or go just foul.

Our own version of Doug Mientkiewicz. :puke And I'm not puking because of Gload, I'm puking because of the thought of Mientkiewicz.

Edited by Jabroni