White Sox vs Cubs Game One Thread 5-20-05

sox-r-us

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 20, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
How'd Borowski do today?

I get a feeling he will play a big part later in the series.

He may have gone unscathed today, but Crede's ball is on Waveland most days. Pods K'd but he was irritated. I was sitting about 10 rows behind home plate and Joe looked very hittable and wasn't throwing very hard.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone what Ozzie was talking to the home plate umpire about between 3 or 4 innings? I would imagine he was reminding him the Garcia was going to pitch their hitters inside so he wouldn't get tossed from the game and suspended.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
I saw that, too.  I was so pissed, I hate Cub "fans."

Worst part about it is that the b****-ass security doesnt do s***! If that was in the Cell, they'd be ripping Sox fans....oh well 30 wins b****es!

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 20, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
I know this sounds like one of the 'Nightmare On Elm Street' flicks, but FREDDY'S BACK!!!!!!! What an awesome performance.

I'd hold off on that declaration. Freddy had an awesome outing today no doubt about it, but both announce teams said that there were 3 or 4 balls that were CRUSHED and died in the wind. Had the wind not been blowing in, Freddy may have given up a few runs.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
I'd hold off on that declaration. Freddy had an awesome outing today no doubt about it, but both announce teams said that there were 3 or 4 balls that were CRUSHED and died in the wind. Had the wind not been blowing in, Freddy may have given up a few runs.

It's all about playing your conditions.

That place was rocking yesterday... Sox fans were out in full force.. the "Pauly" chant could be heard loud and clear. We were sitting right by the Cubs pen and I kept saying.."Ya gonna close today LaToya..?" He got real pissed and at one point I thought I was going to get tossed from the game, LMAO.

In the stands it was a repeat of "Monday night fights at the cell". I was amazed at all the fights we saw. One right next to us in section 10 about the 3rd row. Both fans kicked out.. and quickly. That was nice to see. Then there was one behind us in the first row of 108.. amazing to us it was over Old Style or Old Style Light being a better beer.. :huh A bunch in the 200 sections down the 3rd base side which seemed to be because of Sox fans chanting "let's go white sox".. :rolly

A lot of "Sox suck" shirts.. I just laughed and said "are you guys at .500 yet..?" One guy looked at me and said.. ".500...?". Jim just about peed his pants. Cub fans do crack me up.

Today we are behind the Cubs pen.. I'm so looking forward to the game today even more than yesterday.

:gosox1:

Where's the 200 post thread about the decline of society and lost civility? Fights over whether Old Style or Old Style Lite is better! The moral fiber of the nation is rotting away and we don't hear anything about it!

I guess this stuff at the Green Latrine is just part of the beloved 'ambiance', but at Cellular it's an awful experience that must be stamped out.

Knock 'em dead Stef! Glad you had a good time and give them hell today.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 21, 2005 -> 06:09 AM)
That place was rocking yesterday... Sox fans were out in full force.. the "Pauly" chant could be heard loud and clear. We were sitting right by the Cubs pen and I kept saying.."Ya gonna close today LaToya..?" He got real pissed and at one point I thought I was going to get tossed from the game, LMAO.

In the stands it was a repeat of "Monday night fights at the cell". I was amazed at all the fights we saw. One right next to us in section 10 about the 3rd row. Both fans kicked out.. and quickly. That was nice to see. Then there was one behind us in the first row of 108.. amazing to us it was over Old Style or Old Style Light being a better beer..  :huh A bunch in the 200 sections down the 3rd base side which seemed to be because of Sox fans chanting "let's go white sox"..  :rolly

A lot of "Sox suck" shirts.. I just laughed and said "are you guys at .500 yet..?" One guy looked at me and said.. ".500...?". Jim just about peed his pants. Cub fans do crack me up.

Today we are behind the Cubs pen.. I'm so looking forward to the game today even more than yesterday.

:gosox1:

Steff I was over in the 200 sections with my wife and son. It was loaded with sox fans. SOX PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!