We Lost....

DABearSoX

Ok I dont want to add to any of these negative threads....we lost, its gonna happen....especially on the west coast.....were not gonna play .700 ball forever....Gotta give props to the rook that shut us down....we would have lost anyway if crede caught that ball....i agree viz sucks though.....but he is a newbie so i have the right to look down upon him

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Ok I dont want to add to any of these negative threads....we lost, its gonna happen....especially on the west coast.....were not gonna play .700 ball forever....Gotta give props to the rook that shut us down....we would have lost anyway if crede caught that ball....i agree viz sucks though.....but he is a newbie so i have the right to look down upon him

If Cruddy makes that play and Timo doesn't stop running on that pop fly to short center then they dont score. But whatever. Its hard to win when you cant hit anything anyway.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
A team's gotta learn from its mistakes.  If we keep saying, "it's only one loss, we can't keep this pace up, we're still in first," we might end up in the same position we were in last year.

I agree with the team has to learn from its mistakes line, but my point i am trying to make is that you cant rag on one or 2 people for a loss....its the whole team....there is no thread about Uribe sucking at the plate, no one hit that rook today cept gooch.....its the whole teams fault not just crede or viz....

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
I agree with the team has to learn from its mistakes line, but my point i am trying to make is that you cant rag on one or 2 people for a loss....its the whole team....there is no thread about Uribe sucking at the plate, no one hit that rook today cept gooch.....its the whole teams fault not just crede or viz....

You can't rag on a guy for a loss, but you can rag on a guy for sucking the whole year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
A team's gotta learn from its mistakes.  If we keep saying, "it's only one loss, we can't keep this pace up, we're still in first," we might end up in the same position we were in last year.

A .689 winning% for a full season is 112 games. We will not win 112 games.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
well the chances are pretty darn good that if this team does make the playoffs they will have to play a west coast team

Yeah. We're gonna have to learn to play out there one of these years if we ever expect to win anything.

I just got home from the game, and that was one sorry effort. Maybe it was the travel after playing yesterday, or a let down after wininng two of three against the Cubs but every at bat was weak except for the great Tadahito. Visciano has to be pushed to ther back of the pen. He is a waste of time.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
I just got home from the game, and that was one sorry effort. Maybe it was the travel after playing yesterday, or a let down after wininng two of three against the Cubs but every at bat was weak except for the great Tadahito. Visciano has to be pushed to ther back of the pen. He is a waste of time.

Konerko got himself a couple of base knocks tonight too. Good to see his average heading north again for a change.

Let's see...the opposing team starting a rookie the Sox have never seen...so it's a pretty good assumption the Sox won't touch him. Hasn't that been the M.O. over the past 5 or 6 years or so? I think that is THE single thing that drives me most nuts about this team! It's only one game...plus...like a previous poster said...the Twinkies lost...so no harm. But it's gettin GODDAMN old gettin held down by people making debuts...goddamn! If I was an opposing team...that would be my strategy against the Sox...call up at least 3 or 4 AAA or AA people to face 'em.

Edited by Wanne

Yes, that is the M.O. - they usually struggle mightily against guys they've never seen, or "junkballers" who throw a lot of offspeed crap.

As for Joe Crediocre and Juan Your-Ebay, the Sox can afford to have ONE of them scuffling at the plate, but when BOTH of them are struggling, it just kills the lineup. And if Crediocre isn't going to hit, then he needs to be rock-solid defensively, and obviously he wasn't.

He's just an average player, if that. We should just accept it for what it is.

:angry:

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
people in general saying that o well we lost...some people just piss me off when we play like s*** and there like o well we lost

So your saying I am not a fan :lolhitting ...... we have lost 14 games yea it stings a little when we lose but then I remember there are 162 games in a season......Thats why baseball is great there is no player like a TO or Manning that are gonna provide game in and game out. Baseball is the sport of slumps and streaks. I find no reason to sit there and crucify someone because what the did "COULD" have lost us the game. So again we have 14 losses out of 45 I say thats pretty damn good