Frank Return Date

aboz56

Thomas, one of only two active players, along with Barry Bonds, with a .300 career average, 400 home runs, 1,000 RBIs, 1,000 walks and 1,000 runs, is scheduled to return to the White Sox on June 13. He's 6-for-23 with no homers or RBIs on his current rehab stint.

Interesting. Thats a bit longer than one would expect. I'm guessing they will wait for the road NL games to be over with before activating him.

I don't really have a problem with this because I think more AAA at bats will make it that much easier for him to come up and have success right off the bat.

Still maybe my numbers are off, but June 13th seems like it would be over the 20 day maximum rehab stint.

QUOTE(Cali @ May 24, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Damn! The freaking game right after the Padres series, could have seen him come back live and in person.

s***, I just thought about that. Obviously they don't want to have him wasting on the bench solely as a pinch hitter down in San Diego so he'll be making his return in Chicago.

Maybe Frank makes it back before than and us Californians will be lucky enough to see his return :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Interesting.  Thats a bit longer than one would expect.  I'm guessing they will wait for the road NL games to be over with before activating him.

I don't really have a problem with this because I think more AAA at bats will make it that much easier for him to come up and have success right off the bat. 

Still maybe my numbers are off, but June 13th seems like it would be over the 20 day maximum rehab stint.

Perhaps he just can't play with Charlotte and he'll come up and take some swings on the side between AAA and activation? Maybe take some swings in batting practice or against someone doing side work?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Interesting.  Thats a bit longer than one would expect.  I'm guessing they will wait for the road NL games to be over with before activating him.

What do you mean maximum? Is this a league rule?

There is a rule but as someone stated Frank probably has all of his options still giving that he was fast-tracked to the WSox when he started his career.

That shouldn't be an issue.

This makes sense if they feel he's not ready to come up this weekend. It would be nice to have him here to battle the AL teams before the NL road trip but .240 for Charlotte w/out a HR means he's not ready.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
This makes sense if they feel he's not ready to come up this weekend.  It would be nice to have him here to battle the AL teams before the NL road trip but .240 for Charlotte w/out a HR means he's not ready.

Don't put too much value in AAA numbers: consider what McCarthy was doing there.