BMAC Back to AAA

southsideirish71

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Someone needs to use fathom's phrase and bring "OMIT TIMO!" signs to the next homestand.  Maybe Kenny will get the point and cut his worthless hide once Frank is healthy.

Its the ultimate unifer of Soxtalk. Just think of how pleasant this place will be the day Timo gets cut :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the ultimate unifer of Soxtalk.  Just think of how pleasant this place will be the day Timo gets cut :)

Well, I figure Kevin Walker will be dumped for El Duque, although it will suck to lose Walker's awesome 0.00 ERA. :lol: I just hope Timo will be the one dumped for Frank. It would make me feel great to see the worst hitter on our team being jettisoned and replaced with the best hitter in Sox history. That would definately be addition by subtraction AND addition.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Well, I figure Kevin Walker will be dumped for El Duque, although it will suck to lose Walker's awesome 0.00 ERA. :lol: I just hope Timo will be the one dumped for Frank.  It would make me feel great to see the worst hitter on our team being jettisoned and replaced with the best hitter in Sox history.  That would definately be addition by subtraction AND addition.

It better not be Willie. He made a few gems defensively tonight and has held his own with the bat. Of course the Sox seem to love Timo for whatever reason. He did hit more homers than anyone else in BP when I was there on Thursday (maybe thats why, LOL).

It better not be Willie.  He made a few gems defensively tonight and has held his own with the bat.  Of course the Sox seem to love Timo for whatever reason.  He did hit more homers than anyone else in BP when I was there on Thursday (maybe thats why, LOL).

I'm no fan of Willie but Timo has been absolutely worthless this season. I can't believe he's getting paid a cool million to be Armando Rios Part 2.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
BMAC sent down

That curve is sick.  He just needs to work on keeping the ball down in the strikezone and throwing that change for a strike. 

If he could learn a cutter damn.

BMAC is going to be an awesome pitcher for this team. Like you said, he's got to learn to keep the ball down more and he's got to add some muscle to his frame.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ May 28, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
I still fantasize about the day a hyped up White Sox pitching prospect comes up and contributes right away.

He was struggling in AAA. Nobody was calling for him to be up. It was a matter of necessity and no better reserve options. His first start was solid though.

Excellent. It seems everything is falling into place.

1. Get a healthy Hernandez back into the rotation.

2. Send McCarthy back down to Charlotte to pitch every fifth day.

3. Drop Kevin Walker to reactivate Ross Gload.

4. Drop Timo to reactivate Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Jabroni, you are right on here.  I'm so sick of watching Crazy Carl swing through pitches down the middle.  Although I'm not as big of a Gload fan as others on this board, he's got a knack for making contact with the ball and that is just what the doctor ordered for this offense.

Not to mention that he's damn good defensively as well.

Anyone else thinking that Gload is going to get the same pitches that Carl has been, except Gload is going to crush them? I'm thinking just that. Ross will go on a tear, you heard it hear first.

If you didnt like the kid before, listen how classy this guy is on his demotion and what happened. If this was a cubs pitcher he would be talking about the wind, a fart, something else on why he sucked. Bmac steps up and tells it like it is. He will go back down and work 1000% times harder and is better for it.

Go down to AAA Bmac and fine tune it so you can stay up the next time. :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox2: :cheers

'I'm not going to make any excuses; I was basically bad,'' said McCarthy, who was returned to Class AAA Charlotte after the game. The Sox are expected to activate Ross Gload from the disabled list to take McCarthy's spot.

''Basically, from top to bottom, it was bad,'' McCarthy said. ''My command was bad, I didn't feel right, I didn't execute my pitches, I was falling behind hitters. I made it tougher on myself than it had to be. Then they did what they had to do.''

''Kind of the same thing I took from spring training,'' he said. ''It was a good experience. I know I have the ability to pitch to big-league hitters, and that I will get another chance. No matter what, the sun will come up tomorrow.''

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)
BMAC is going to be an awesome pitcher for this team.  Like you said, he's got to learn to keep the ball down more and he's got to add some muscle to his frame.

I think one of the main things he is going to have to do, to be effective, is even more simple than putting on weight and keeping the ball down. The Rangers had their confidence level ratcheted up before he threw his first pitch. They were way too comfortable. You've got to buzz some of their hitters when they are standing there, chomping at the bit. My guess is you will see a lot more 'purpose' pitches coming from Garland and Buerle over the next couple of days. Get them on their collective heels.

Nice to see that Gload is finally getting some respect.

Gload and Willie have to stay. Willie can actually draw walks, work counts, and will hit above .270.

Gload will do good, he might not be flashy. But with guys on base he is going to make contact, work the field, and atleast be a complete player.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Nice to see that Gload is finally getting some respect.

Gload and Willie have to stay. Willie can actually draw walks, work counts, and will hit above .270.

Gload will do good, he might not be flashy. But with guys on base he is going to make contact, work the field, and atleast be a complete player.

SB

:lolhitting :lolhitting :puke :puke :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Mr. Harris is known for many things...drawing walks is not one of them.

Actually willie draws a pretty good amount of walks, he might not be known for doing it but he does do it fairly well.