Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Pal, you completely misunderstood my comment on war protesting.  No reasonable reading of my analogy could produce your interpretation.  The point I was making was that you can, in fact, criticize and love something at the same time.  People who call war protestors unpatriotic are as miss guided as you were suggesting I don't like the Sox because I bash them when they lose.

Show me the love and I'll change my interpretation.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me the love and I'll change my interpretation.

I suppose you can interpret my comments anyway you wish. Someone skilled in logical analysis would recognize the analogy, though. You seem decently well read, judging by your responses. I wouldn't think my attitude would affect this.

I am usually skeptical of those who fly off the handle at the mere mention of certain "taboo" subjects, like war, or god, or sex. The "how can you compare this to......" crowd. These people are prone to low IQ's and shallow thought. This doesn't seem to apply to you, so your reaction was a suprise.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
I suppose you can interpret my comments anyway you wish.  Someone skilled in logical analysis would recognize the analogy, though.  You seem decently well read, judging by your responses.  I wouldn't think my attitude would affect this. 

I am usually skeptical of those who fly off the handle at the mere mention of certain "taboo" subjects, like war, or god, or sex.  The "how can you compare this to......" crowd.  These people are prone to low IQ's and shallow thought.  This doesn't seem to apply to you, so your reaction was a suprise.

"Rooting for a professional sports team is totally severed from rational behavior. Trying to have a reasoned discourse on such behavior , by extrapolation, is also irrational." Does this quote ring a bell? Put that in your intellectually superior, low I.Q. and shallow thought pipe and smoke it.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
"Rooting for a professional sports team is totally severed from rational behavior. Trying to have a reasoned discourse on such behavior , by extrapolation, is also irrational." Does this quote ring a bell? Put that in your intellectually superior, low I.Q. and shallow thought  pipe and smoke it.

dam. your on a roll with the great posts today. :cheers

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
dam. your on a roll with the great posts today.  :cheers

Thanks. I'm having fun. :cheers . Have you read the "let's face it " thread ? We're going at it in their too. Reminds me of arguing with my older brother when I was a kid. Damn I hope it isnt him. He's a lawyer now and he hates it when I tell him that all the arguments with me led to his choosing barristerdom as a profession. :D

Thanks. I'm having fun.  :cheers . Have you read the "let's face it " thread ? We're going at it in their too. Reminds me of arguing with my older brother when I was a kid. Damn I hope it isnt him. He's a lawyer now and he hates it when I tell him that all the arguments with me led to his choosing barristerdom as a profession. :D

Nope, I'm a 24 year old grad student. My older brother just graduated law school, so we have more in common than you'd care to admit. If only you weren't a cock-eyed optimist.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 30, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Nope, I'm a 24 year old grad student.  My older brother just graduated law school, so we have more in common than you'd care to admit.  If only you weren't a cock-eyed optimist.

Oh goody, another pessimist. You'll fit right in. :P :lol:

Guest JimH
Nope, I'm a 24 year old grad student.  My older brother just graduated law school,

Now I get it ... this explains a lot. 24 yrs. old and big brother just became a lawyer. It all fits.