Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
I'm not going to praise the White Sox, come hell or high water.  After a game like today, a little negativity is in order, no?  In regards to my screen name, would you prefer....I-LOVE-CREDE'S-POPUPS.  Either way, I'll still go to the game tomorrow and cheer and hope for the best.  Even if Clueless Joe is playing third.

Yeah, everyone is being negative today, it's only a natural thing. Your name just surprises me but if that's what you want, alright.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, everyone is being negative today, it's only a natural thing. Your name just surprises me but if that's what you want, alright.

As for Crede, the man has had his chance. Play time is over and its time for the Sox to move on. He's a sub .240 hitter. For a power position this is not good. If he played the outfield we'd call him Joe Borchard.

Moreover, I'm new here and unaware of protocol or unwritten rules for posting, but I think speaking your mind is important. Even if you're mind is filled with negative thoughts pertaining to the Sox offense. Candor can even be cathartic after the disaster in Texas.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
let's get off this guy. considering this thread was over the top negative from start to finish, i don't think senor crede's posts were that bad. i think he meant the hitman comment in jest. as long as he wants konerko at the all-star game, i'll give him some time to get his feet under him lol

Calling sumone a putz is bad though I've seen worse. Most of the new posters seem to be really negative along with some of the major posters (jabroni ). Maybe I'm just to used to losing but in reality a baseball season has an ebb and flow that requires patience when things are going badly. Since the Sox are still in 1st place I'm pretty happy with the season so far. Frank , Gload and El Duque are returning soon so the team should improve. Yes I know the hitting sucks but all the whining comments outweigh the positves by a longshot. Maybe thats because we all have been given a ray of hope for once and hope to God they aren't dashed as in seasons past. I don't think I look at things through rose colored glasses or wear White Sox blinders. Maybe I'm just looking for a little more respect from everyone. When there is little consesquence to acting like a juvenile deliquent the inmates will rule the prison and the lunatics will run the asylum.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Calling sumone a putz is bad though I've seen worse. Most of the new posters seem to be really negative along with some of the major posters (jabroni ). Maybe I'm just to used to losing but in reality a baseball season has an ebb and flow that requires patience when things are going badly. Since the Sox are still in 1st place I'm pretty happy with the season so far. Frank , Gload and El Duque are returning soon so the team should improve. Yes I know the hitting sucks but all the whining comments outweigh the positves by a longshot. Maybe thats because we all have been given a ray of hope for once and hope to God they aren't  dashed as in seasons past. I don't think I look at things through rose colored glasses or wear White Sox blinders. Maybe I'm just looking for a little more respect from everyone. When there is little consesquence to acting like a juvenile deliquent the inmates will rule the prison and the lunatics will run the asylum.

I think you're dead right. This negative attitude has got to go. I've been pretty negative today also. The game is over, let's look forward to having Frank come back get just get positive. Like I said before, a win will help the team's attitude, and help this forum's attitude.

I think you're dead right. This negative attitude has got to go. I've been pretty negative today also. The game is over, let's look forward to having Frank come back get just get positive. Like I said before, a win will help the team's attitude, and help this forum's attitude.

There is a name for people who blindly root for their team, all the while ignoring their obvious faults and shortcomings. .....Cubs fans.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
As for Crede, the man has had his chance.  Play time is over and its time for the Sox to move on.  He's a sub .240 hitter.  For a power position this is not good.  If he played the outfield we'd call him Joe Borchard. 

Moreover, I'm new here and unaware of protocol or unwritten rules for posting, but I think speaking your mind is important.  Even if you're mind is filled with negative thoughts pertaining to the Sox offense.  Candor can even be cathartic after the disaster in Texas.

Do you really need to be aware of protocol or unwritten rules of posting in order to be decent to people ? Maybe its cool to be hateful and I'm just an old fart. I'll reserve my opinion until I see something positive from you if you're at all capable of that. It's so easy to be up when we win and down when we lose. Do the phrases fair weather fan or jumping on and off the bandwagon mean anything to you ? Enjoy you're catharsis but I for one don't need it. On to the next game and hope for the best .If it doesnt go well all the whining in the world won't fix it.

Do you really need to be aware of protocol or unwritten rules of posting in order to be decent to people ? Maybe its cool to be hateful and I'm just an old fart. I'll reserve my opinion until I see something positive from you if you're at all capable of that. It's so easy to be up when we win and down when we lose. Do the phrases fair weather fan or jumping on and off the bandwagon mean anything to you ? Enjoy you're catharsis but I for one don't need it. On to the next game and hope for the best .If it doesnt go well all the whining in the world won't fix it.

I didn't know people were so sensitive. Perhaps this website should come equiped with kleenex so folks can wipe away their tears when their feelings are hurt. You probably label war protestors as "fair weather" patriots. An equally ignorant arguement.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
I didn't know people were so sensitive.  Perhaps this website should come equiped with kleenex so folks can wipe away their tears when their feelings are hurt.  You probably label war protestors as "fair weather" patriots.  An equally ignorant arguement.

So riddle me this. If for the rest of the year Crede added .50-.60 points to his BA, added 25 HR to his current total, & added about 85 RBI to his total, would that screenname still be justified?

So riddle me this.  If for the rest of the year Crede added .50-.60 points to his BA, added 25 HR to his current total, & added about 85 RBI to his total, would that screenname still be justified?

"If" seems to be the prominent theme of Crede's career. To anwser your question, no, it would not be justified. I hope he reaches these numbers and I have egg all over my face. I seriously doubt he will.

Guest JimH
I didn't know people were so sensitive.  Perhaps this website should come equiped with kleenex so folks can wipe away their tears when their feelings are hurt.  You probably label war protestors as "fair weather" patriots.  An equally ignorant arguement.

No, I don't think anyone is being oversensitive.

We are fully aware that this is a place where people come to vent their frustrations. There's no problem with that unless someone is really over the top.

You came in yesterday and your whole approach has been bull in the china shop. When you do that, you need to expect that people will react. Try toning down the rhetoric and sarcasm a bit until people get to know you. Even if it's fairly harmless word like putz. Some of the posters here have been around a long time and IMO deserve a little respect. If you don't think so that's fine but expect people to come right back at you.

No one is saying you can't have whatever opinion you want, but drilling people who've been here a long time and then comparing their arguments as being ignorant ... well, that's why you are having people tell you to chill out. Personally I think that's good advice. Maybe try reading and learning what people are all about here, and then jump in. Just a thought.

No, I don't think anyone is being oversensitive.

We are fully aware that this is a place where people come to vent their frustrations.  There's no problem with that unless someone is really over the top.

You came in yesterday and your whole approach has been bull in the china shop.  When you do that, you need to expect that people will react.  Try toning down the rhetoric and sarcasm a bit until people get to know you.  Even if it's fairly harmless word like putz.  Some of the posters here have been around a long time and IMO deserve a little respect.  If you don't think so that's fine but expect people to come right back at you.

No one is saying you can't have whatever opinion you want, but drilling people who've been here a long time and then comparing their arguments as being ignorant ... well, that's why you are having people tell you to chill out.  Personally I think that's good advice.  Maybe try reading and learning what people are all about here, and then jump in.  Just a thought.

You're right. I suppose because I don't take insults in here to heart that I assume others are equally thick-skinned. However, I do think people misinterpreted my analysis of a badly played stretch of games as me declaring the Sox are a bad team.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)

I'm not at all sensitive but if I was is that a bad thing? Could be you're a masochist and enjoyed kicking people or teams when they're down. Maybe it was "cathartic" for John Gacy to kill people. If you love the Sox you're not very adept at showing it. I'd hate to be your dog , g/f ,wife, kid, friend etc. I'd rather hand someone a kleenex then hurt their feelings in the first place. And comparing war to baseball is utterly idiotic . I see in the 10 Commandments "thou shall not kill" but must've missed the part about whine like a lil girl when my favorite baseball team is playing poorly. Here's a kleenex.

Guest JimH
You're right.  I suppose because I don't take insults in here to heart that I assume others are equally thick-skinned.  However, I do think people misinterpreted my analysis of a badly played stretch of games as me declaring the Sox are a bad team.

Yes, I knew you weren't saying they were a bad team.

Definitely don't assume people have the same tolerance for off the cuff insults and/or sarcasm as you :P . Fact is, people know one another here and their individual posting style.

I think your first post today being something about having Everett's and Crede's legs getting broken was a little over the top, and got you off on the wrong foot.

As you read a little more, you will find there are people who love to vent their frustration in the game threads, others who are more calm and take a big picture approach, etc. You'll figure it out and you'll be fine.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
As you read a little more, you will find there are people who love to vent their frustration in the game threads, others who are more calm and take a big picture approach, etc.  You'll figure it out and you'll be fine.

Absolutely.

I-HATE-CREDE, if you intend on releasing frustrations during a game, you may want to consider visiting the chat room located on the main page. Friendly environment full of profane arguments and adament Sox fans proving PBP for those unwilling to follow gameday threads. :drink

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
just got home. how did this get to 48 pages?  :D

Blood, sweat, & tears.

And a little cat-fighting along the way. :bang

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Blood, sweat, & tears. 

And a little cat-fighting along the way.  :bang

LOL yea some catfighting for sure. During a losing skid I've been pretty quiet. Guess I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Outdated concept I know. Soxtalk would be pretty boring if everyone applied that rule. I finally broke down and vented against the venters. Seems as it many of us have reached the boiling point with the recent skid of .500 ball.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
LOL yea some catfighting for sure. During a losing skid I've been pretty quiet. Guess I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Outdated concept I know. Soxtalk would be pretty boring if everyone applied that rule. I finally broke down and vented against the venters. Seems as it many of us have reached the boiling point with the recent skid of .500 ball.

the venting around here is crazy. some people cant get over it. thats why i read and dont post alot. like i always say. relax enjoy this team and see what happens. cant get mad at a baseball game you have no control of the out come of the game. i dont like them losing but theres nothing i can do about it.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
the venting around here is crazy. some people cant get over it. thats why i read and dont post alot. like i always say. relax enjoy this team and see what happens. cant get mad at a baseball game you have no control of the out come of the game. i dont like them losing but theres nothing i can do about it.

Your attitude is a lot like mine. I'm a huge Sox fan but I've learned over the years to just let it go. If i wanted to be a GM I'd play fantasy baseball. I'd like to see what some of the GM's on this site are doing in their fantasy baseball leagues and let us all jump all over them about what a s***ty team they have and what a piss poor job some of their players are doing.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Your attitude is a lot like mine. I'm a huge Sox fan but I've learned over the years to just let it go. If i wanted to be a GM I'd play fantasy baseball. I'd like to see what some of the GM's on this site are doing in their fantasy baseball leagues and and let us all jump all over them about what a s***ty team they have and what a piss poor job some of their players are doing.

great post. best i have seen all day. :cheers

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Your attitude is a lot like mine. I'm a huge Sox fan but I've learned over the years to just let it go. If i wanted to be a GM I'd play fantasy baseball. I'd like to see what some of the GM's on this site are doing in their fantasy baseball leagues and let us all jump all over them about what a s***ty team they have and what a piss poor job some of their players are doing.

Peaks and valleys. Every team (even the good ones) have them at some point in a season.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)

exactly, you hit it right on the dot

I'm not at all sensitive but if I was is that a bad thing? Could be you're a masochist and enjoyed kicking people or teams when they're down. Maybe it was "cathartic" for John Gacy to kill people. If you love the Sox you're not very adept at showing it. I'd hate to be your dog , g/f ,wife, kid, friend etc. I'd rather hand someone a kleenex then hurt their feelings in the first place. And comparing war to baseball is utterly idiotic . I see in the 10 Commandments "thou shall not kill"  but must've missed the part about whine like a lil girl when my favorite baseball team is playing poorly. Here's a kleenex.

Pal, you completely misunderstood my comment on war protesting. No reasonable reading of my analogy could produce your interpretation. The point I was making was that you can, in fact, criticize and love something at the same time. People who call war protestors unpatriotic are as miss guided as you were suggesting I don't like the Sox because I bash them when they lose.

Edited by I-HATE-CREDE