Aubrey Huff

CWSOX45

Okay I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, considering the trade deadline isn't for another 2 months. However, I was talking to a friend yesterday and we were just throwing names around that could make the White Sox a even more balanced team.

I know it has been mentioned here before, and it is more clear now than ever that the perfect edition for the Sox would be Aubrey Huff.

Huff is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on. He's had a pretty couple solid seasons for the D-Rays. Not to mention that Huff can play multiple positions. (1B, 3B, LF, RF, DH).

We could move him around when we have guys that are struggling, (Crede, Dye) which makes us a deeper team.

So Kenny, if you're listening. Get Aubrey Huff on July 31st. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be ecstatic. (Just don't give up BMAC or Anderson) :D

CWSOX45

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally be leery of any power hitters whose struggles seem to coincide with the newly implemented forms of steroid testing. That goes for Aubrey Huff, Eric Chavez, etc.

If we're going to trade for any them, I would at least continue to evaluate them until July to see their offense improve.

QUOTE(bulokis @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
Aubrey Huff might cost too much. I dont know but I like Nick Johnson.

I'm a fan of Nick Johnson also but Kenny isn't going to trade for a guy who can only play first base this year, in the offseason definitely a possibility but not this year.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 28, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
Huff is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on. He's had a pretty couple solid seasons for the D-Rays. Not to mention that Huff can play multiple positions. (1B, 3B, LF, RF, DH).

CWSOX45

Jermaine Dye is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

Carl Everett is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

Aaron Rowand is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

Paul Konerko is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

A.J. Pierzynski is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

Juan Uribe is struggling this year, but he always seems to turn it on.

Do you see the problem yet? We've got like 7 or 8 guys who we're hoping will somehow pull themselves out of a slump. The solution people keep offering all over these boards is that we should make some sort of a trade for a guy like Castilla, Chavez, or now Huff, who are struggling just as much themselves!

In other words...you're telling me that the perfect addition to a team of struggling players is a player who you tell me is struggling himself. So why exactly should I be more confident that Aubrey Huff will come out of his slump better than any of our guys? And why is it worth McCarthy or Anderson to get these struggling players?

This is just beyond me.

Although I'm sick and tired of these threads, a guy like Mike Sweeney will be very interesting to watch. Also, save the, "but they play in the same division" line. If the Royals find a way to better their god-awful club by unloading a nasty, nasty contract and stocking up on young talent, they won't care who Sweeney goes to.

EDIT: Before ya'll start asking, I believe he is in line for $12M next season.

Edited by AddisonStSox

Although I'm sick and tired of these threads, a guy like Mike Sweeney will be very interesting to watch.  Also, save the, "but they play in the same division" line.  If the Royals find a way to better their god-awful club by unloading a nasty, nasty contract and stocking up on young talent, they won't care who Sweeney goes to.

Why would we ever trade for Sweeney? We have a 1st baseman already and we have a DH coming back. Also, Sweeney is a horrible defensive 1st baseman and he has a huge contract. We won't be going after Sweeney, I can almost guarantee you that.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Why would we ever trade for Sweeney?  We have a 1st baseman already and we have a DH coming back.  Also, Sweeney is a horrible defensive 1st baseman and he has a huge contract.  We won't be going after Sweeney, I can almost guarantee you that.

I'll stick to it...something to keep an eye on.

There's not a chance that we're going to trade for someone with a big contract.  No matter what KW says to the media, I'm fairly confident that our budget is pretty much stretched out right now.

Even if you take Sweeney's huge contract out of the equation, he can only play 1st base and he's horrible there. We have Konerko and Frank coming back to play 1B and DH. Where in the hell would Sweeney play? Not gonna happen.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Even if you take Sweeney's huge contract out of the equation, he can only play 1st base and he's horrible there.  We have Konerko and Frank coming back to play 1B and DH.  Where in the hell would Sweeney play?  Not gonna happen.

Sweeney has a no-trade clause in his contract. I can't see him agreeing to go play for another team in KC's division. The Dodgers and Angels have long been rumored as the most likely place that he would get traded to.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Even if you take Sweeney's huge contract out of the equation, he can only play 1st base and he's horrible there.  We have Konerko and Frank coming back to play 1B and DH.  Where in the hell would Sweeney play?  Not gonna happen.

Oh, yeah, by the way, we have a guy coming back with the last name of "Choad." :P

Sweeney has a no-trade clause in his contract.  I can't see him agreeing to go play for another team in KC's division.  The Dodgers and Angels have long been rumored as the most likely place that he would get traded to.

Agreed. The Dodgers or Angels are his likely trade target.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
The Choadmeister needs to be playing 1st base with Konerko DH'ing if he is brought up.

Problem with that is...Gload is only gonna have a couple days to play 1b before we get another DH back off the DL. If KW is to be believed, then within about 3 or 4 days, the big hurt will be rejoining that club.

Konerko has been killing the ball lately, and has re-earned his place in the lineup. Even if he's DHing for a few days with Everett/Dye on the bench, we'll have to shuffle things back up again to put ol #35 back in there in the DH hole.

And no offense to Ross's bat...but if you gave me the choice between Gload at 1b and Konerko DHing and Konerko at 1b and the big hurt at DH, except for when Paulie needs a break I'll take the 2nd option every single time i'm given that choice. Every one.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
We're going with our usual lineup today.  No benchers are playing.  Should be good enough for a solid one or two runs.

Last time we faced Chan Ho Park...A.J. hit a slam in the 1st inning.

If facing Chan Ho Park can't wake this lineup up...I don't know what will.

Problem with that is...Gload is only gonna have a couple days to play 1b before we get another DH back off the DL.  If KW is to be believed, then within about 3 or 4 days, the big hurt will be rejoining that club.

Konerko has been killing the ball lately, and has re-earned his place in the lineup.  Even if he's DHing for a few days with Everett/Dye on the bench, we'll have to shuffle things back up again to put ol #35 back in there in the DH hole.

And no offense to Ross's bat...but if you gave me the choice between Gload at 1b and Konerko DHing and Konerko at 1b and the big hurt at DH, except for when Paulie needs a break I'll take the 2nd option every single time i'm given that choice.  Every one.

Of course. I meant at least until Frank is back.