Crede comments after the game

aboz56

Apparently not willing to be fined for criticizing an umpire, Crede was succinct in his assessment of the situation.

"It was a foul ball. He said it was a foul ball," Crede said. "It's a foul ball. That's it."

When asked how he thought the call changed the momentum of the game, Crede said: "Well, it was a foul ball. I've never seen a foul ball change the momentum of the game. It's a foul ball. I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It was a foul ball."

----

Come on Joe, it was fair, I saw the replay :nono

I like that though. Joe seems to be saying hey, the ball was called foul so we can't use that as an excuse for losing.

The players seem to be saying the right things, they just have to start going opposite field. I don't know what Ward is doing so I can't commend on whether he is doing a good job or not, but I hope he's working on them going opposite field and preaching contact and telling them they don't have to pull it because if they are going opposite field, moving guys over, then their run situations and RBI's will come because the team will be hitting around so often.

Like I say, only those in the dugout and around the team everyday in the clubhouse or talking to the playesr all the time know that.

I like that though.  Joe seems to be saying hey, the ball was called foul so we can't use that as an excuse for losing.

The players seem to be saying the right things, they just have to start going opposite field.  I don't know what Ward is doing so I can't commend on whether he is doing a good job or not, but I hope he's working on them going opposite field and preaching contact and telling them they don't have to pull it because if they are going opposite field, moving guys over, then their run situations and RBI's will come because the team will be hitting around so often.

Like I say, only those in the dugout and around the team everyday in the clubhouse or talking to the playesr all the time know that.

i was never a fan of gary ward as a player and i sure cant see what he has done that makes hm so much more valuable than von joshua....we really screwed letting that guy go...he had the guts to call this team out publicly about how lazy it was...of course KW didnt like that since it was one of hi additions as the main target...under von players were forced to work hard with a plan for that players style..and it worked...too bad some player revolted and cried to KW about "VON IS TOO HARD ON ME..CRAMPING MY STYLE

this team is very talented..and it ha splayed reasonably well so far this year considering the hot run of pitching it has run up against...but i hope we are not getting a reputation as a team where lazy players go to collect a paycheck...ts wierd but the fact that jose valentin and magglio are loved so much by the fans because of their tireless work ethic and devotion to playing the game right..what does that say about a majority of the other guys??...everyone should play the game the right way..

a guy on another site said today about the b****ing of jimenex why no one ever b****es about maggs???...got me thinking why we do b**** about players...mostly its not because of good or bad performance..its about effort or the perception of the effort they put into their craft

Wow, Joe is showing a lot of maturity. Even though it was fair, he had to agree. Its called and you cant do anything about it. The Ump's have all the say. You can argue all you want, but what they call is what they call!

Joe's comments should be soaked in green. Too bad Joe didn't have a manager to state his case to the umpire on the field.

Wait a second.

You're telling me that Jerry didn't come out and argue that call? I can understand a few things him not arguing for....but that is bulls***. He's gotta state his case on that. Joe may have been being "mature"....but him saying a foul ball didn't hurt the team is BS. That call seemed to take the wind out of us. We apparently couldn't get anything else done after that.

What a s***ty umping crew. Worst call ever.

Oh my God. I just asked for us to take initiative and now the player who was victimized is agreeing with the ump. Pathetic... :angry:

What else is he going to do? Cuss him out to the media so he gets fined by the league? That was a class act by Joe not to blame the loss on the umpires.

CWSOX45

The wise thing to do would have been to just say "No comment."

This way....he doesn't say anything he can't get fined by the league for....and he doesn't look like a dumbass process.

He's not a dumass. What he did was gave the media something to print, but at the same time didn't call anyone out. Crede showed that he's not going to blame the umpires for the Sox piss poor play yesterday, he's a team player, the type of guy we need on this team.

CWSOX45

The wise thing to do would have been to just say "No comment."

This way....he doesn't say anything he can't get fined by the league for....and he doesn't look like a dumbass process.

He's not a dumass. What he did was gave the media something to print, but at the same time didn't call anyone out. Crede showed that he's not going to blame the umpires for the Sox piss poor play yesterday, he's a team player, the type of guy we need on this team.

CWSOX45

He's a dumbass because he's not right. He said that play didn't hurt the team. When I first read that, I thought 'are you kidding me? That play killed us.'

I like the fact that he is trying to get a message across saying "We shouldn't be affected by it." I do like that. What I don't like is his saying that that kind of thing does not hurt the team. When we are down by 2 and you hit a ball like that that would tie it up...it is a whole different ball game because of it.

We've been screwed before by the umps....hell, we've potentially lost a game or two twice this year because of the umps. That one, however, really killed us. That umping crew should be fired immeadiately.