GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
About the same time that Uribe hasn't chased one.  K-Rod wasn't getting his slider over the plate.  Who would you rather have facing a pitcher who only has confidence in his fastball, Konerko or Uribe?

Actually Uribe. I think Konerko wouldn't have seen a single fastball in the sequence and would've either struck out or grounded out weakly.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
Actually Uribe. I think Konerko wouldn't have seen a single fastball in the sequence and would've either struck out or grounded out weakly.

Or walked easily like Thomas did, where K-Rod didn't want to throw a fastball. Name me one other manager that would have kept their biggest power threat on the bench? I can't believe how some people try to defend moves by Ozzie that have absolutely no explanation.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Or walked easily like Thomas did, where K-Rod didn't want to throw a fastball.  Name me one other manager that would have kept their biggest power threat on the bench?  I can't believe how some people try to defend moves by Ozzie that have absolutely no explanation.

At first I was thinking that who would play SS if Konerko PH for Uribe and tied it with a double, and forgot Iguchi was on the bench and Willie probably if needed, could of moved to SS.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
If K-Rod throws that same nasty curve to Konerko on two strikes, he's out too. Sorry.

Wow. How about if he throws those same fastballs he threw to Uribe, PK might have put a charge into one. I've always been a believer in the philosophy that if you're going to lose, lose with your best. I guess I shouldn't expect nothing else from Ozzie than to f*** up.....again.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
If K-Rod throws that same nasty curve to Konerko on two strikes, he's out too. Sorry.

I wouldn't of liked Konerko's chances either, but you can't really say that. Nobody knows what would of happened.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
At first I was thinking that who would play SS if Konerko PH for Uribe and tied it with a double, and forgot Iguchi was on the bench and Willie probably if needed, could of moved to SS.

Between Ozuna, Willie, Crede, and Harris still being in the game, we would have had no problems filling out our infield.

eh if there is some good news- we at least won this series. As long as we continue to win series' we should be in good shape the rest of the way. Ozzie did make some bone-head moves, but that happens to the best of em. Now lets all relax on the off day- then focus on beating the crap out of the tribe. :gosox3: