GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Everyone was calling for him, and there he is.

Come on, this is a totally different situation than if your team has the lead. I am worried though about Hermanson. Did we ever find out if he was a little injured on Monday?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Come on, this is a totally different situation than if your team has the lead.  I am worried though about Hermanson.  Did we ever find out if he was a little injured on Monday?

They said it was the back, couldn't get loose.

Seems like it might be a season long type injury.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
I know he's on long rest and may be rusty, but his past few outings have been a tad concerning.  If I remember correctly, he walked his share of guys against the Cubs and in Anaheim and was able to get out of jams.

Yeah, he was definitely playing with fire in Anaheim. Both Molina and Pride hit very long flyballs against him. I've noticed that his splitter hasn't been nearly as sharp as it was earlier.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)

That was a mistake, it was Herm the trainor talking about Frank.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)

Hermanson didn't seem to be getting very good extension on his pitches that inning. A back injury would definitely cause you to short arm the ball.

I actually think we may need bullpen help more than we need offensive help. At the moment, we have two lights out guys (Hermy and Politte), one iffy guy (Marte) and alot of blah. Besides, get two more quality guys in there, the lesser the chance of Ozzie throwing someone out there who sucks.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
I am sick and f***ing tired of them not being able to sweep a series this will be the seventh time this season that they have a chance to sweep and failed. Seven times by June 1st thats not good.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if we keep winning the first two games of the series. I'll be perfectly content if we continue to do that.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
I am sick and f***ing tired of them not being able to sweep a series this will be the seventh time this season that they have a chance to sweep and failed. Seven times by June 1st thats not good.

I choose to look at it as 7 series won. Yeah, it gets frustrating, but I try to see something positive in it.

I am probably no where near as pissed as the rest of the people here because I spent the last hour and a half on a paint run so I missed most of the game).