GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
i never b**** about ozzie. tonight i have too. why the do you bring in walker in a one run game against a team like the angels? i could see bringing in walker in a 10-2 game. then he go's ahead and brings in a another pitcher who is very bad right now. i just dont get it.

Seems like Oz is looking at this game as a throwaway game...like we're 15 games up or 15 back.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
*425,000. :P Anyway, i agree 100% I believe people were telling me it was worth a shot to see what walker could do. Then i said it was not worth wasting 425,000 k on him ''to see what he could do''. If we come up a couple million short we know who to thank.

The Ben Davis move was somewhat defendable, but not really defendable. I mean, at that time, we didn't know we were going to get AJ, but I still don't see how he got $1 million bucks.

Timo, well.... too easy.

And Walker, I didn't mind the initial signing, but I don't see why they needed to call him up, in favor of a guy like Jeff Baj...

QUOTE(zirc @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
you know, it's kind of reminiscent of that series with the yankees two years back when we absolutely destroyed them in the first two games, and instead of stepping on their throats, started cotts for the third game...2 out of three isn't bad

Thats exactly what this reminds me of. Ozzie puts a terrible lineup out there tonight for starters and then when they scratch and claw from 2 runs down to take the lead he lets them down by not bringing in a better pitcher. It just takes the life out of a team when you do stuff like that. I don't even know what to say, I really don't even blame Walker, he hasn't pitched in so long what do you expect out of him? Ozzie just made a poor decision, he had other options but chose what was by far the worst one. I hope this doesn't have a domino effect and shake our overall confidence and chemistry, but Ozzie let the team down tonight, plain and simple.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
The Ben Davis move was somewhat defendable, but not really defendable.  I mean, at that time, we didn't know we were going to get AJ, but I still don't see how he got $1 million bucks.

Timo, well....  too easy.

And Walker, I didn't mind the initial signing, but I don't see why they needed to call him up, in favor of a guy like Jeff Baj...

Walker was a bad signing in the first place. No need whatsoever to give him anything more than a minor league contract. Does anyone really think there were really that many teams calling his agent up for his services?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
So, have we seen enough of Vizcaino to decide that he sucks?

Do we need to give him another month to f*** us over?

If you don't realize he sucks now, you are retarded.  Walker, same deal.

Vizcaino did nothing wrong last inning. He forced the DP by the second batter he faced. We should have never pitched to Molina with an open base.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Vizcaino did nothing wrong last inning.  He forced the DP by the second batter he faced.  We should have never pitched to Molina with an open base.

He sucks. I'm not gonna have this argument.

And so does Timo f***ing Perez.

Edited by Milkman delivers

Does Ozzie do this to make people question him? Seriously there has to be some reason he does this kind of s***. He isn't doing it to win....cause if you're trying to win you put the best players on the field to win. Walker had no mother f***in business in this one run game. I know oz wants to win..I just can't figure out the logic.

by the way...

TIMO YOU f***IN SUCK!!!!!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
So Timo takes the strikes, and swings at the balls?  Why can't he just leave already....and take his boyfriend Ozzie with him.

Neither of those last two called strikes have been called all night. That is crap.