GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What can Ozzie do in that situation? Cotts-worked yesterday, Politte-last two games, Hermy-in the 7th? Did you want Shingo, Viz, Marte to start the inning? Monday, yeah Ozzie sucked, but he doesn't have many options to go with. Any person he put in would have sucked.

How much could $2.4 million or so help at the break? Because that's about how much money that this team wasted this offseason on bad contract, IMHO. Seven figures for Timo and Davis each, and then an extra $400K to Kevin Walker to come up and suck.

I can honestly say that I think this was Guillens worst decision so far this year. This has the potential to cause a huge momentum change for this team. Instead of going for the win and sweeping a top AL team you bring in your worst pitcher, why? I think something like this can really take the air out of a team and cause problems, I hope that's not the case but it just has that feeling.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Whats insane is our pen is not even over worked.

Walker should not have even been allowed in the stadium in a 1 run game, let alone pitching.

SB

From reading this board I gather the following:

Shingo - Bad

Walker - Bad

Viz- Horrible

Cotts- Bad

Marte and Politte have gone the past 2 days, so they we're not options. To early for Dustin, so roll the dice I guess.

Walker is horrible.

QUOTE(valponick @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
I can honestly say that I think this was Guillens worst decision so far this year.  This has the potential to cause a huge momentum change for this team.  Instead of going for the win and sweeping a top AL team you bring in your worst pitcher, why?  I think something like this can really take the air out of a team and cause problems, I hope that's not the case but it just has that feeling.

Don't forget starting Timo at 1st and batting Uribe 2nd.