GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Ozzie cost us 6 runs tonight.  Starting Timo at 1st base and letting Kevin Walker start an inning and letting Vizcaino finish it.

At least 4 for sure...Timo at 1st and the decision not to walk Molina with 1st base open.

quick and I were talking about Pod's bad reads on baseballs.

Now, I'm not going to say a bad read would have caught that baseball, but with his speed, you would think he'd get where he'd have to be in a hurry.

Naturally, the next batter gets a hit. :banghead

Why the hell is Walker on the team anyway? The Sox called up Jamie Burke, then sent him right back down for Walker. That move baffled the f*** out of me. Call up a versatile player, someone the Sox could certainly use, then send him back down for a pitcher who wasn't doing s*** in AAA. Unbelievable.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Why the hell is Walker on the team anyway? The Sox called up Jamie Burke, then sent him right back down for Walker. That move baffled the f*** out of me. Call up a versatile player, someone the Sox could certainly use, then send him back down for a pitcher who wasn't doing s*** in AAA. Unbelievable.

Walker will be boarding a plane after tonight's game and we will be welcoming back Ross Gload.

It's happening. Just sit back and wish him a happy flight.

But, don't anyone dare question Ozzie, he'll do what he wants because he is the manager and this is his team. What a joke, Ozzie needs to quit this s***. Use the guys that get it done. Funny, isn't it, Donnelly is in for Anaheim again, 3 days in a row. With an off day tomorrow, you use everyone possible that will help you win.

Ozzie really needs to be better than this series.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
I can't believe how many times I've seen someone say that recently.  I also can't believe that it's always true.

Here's the question...can anyone remember a single series where we've played worse than these 3 games?

Can anyone remember a series where any team has played this bad for 3 games and won 2 of them?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Walker will be boarding a plane after tonight's game and we will be welcoming back Ross Gload.

It's happening.  Just sit back and wish him a happy flight.

I'd like to say I believe you, but I'll have to see it to believe it. Nothing surprises me at this point.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
I can't believe how many times I've seen someone say that recently.  I also can't believe that it's always true.

and we still have the best record in baseball. Go figure

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I'd like to say I believe you, but I'll have to see it to believe it. Nothing surprises me at this point.

I don't blame you or your skepticism.

Let's hope Kenny, Ozzie and co. do the right thing and have the plane ticket waiting for him at his locker.

Anything else would be simply unacceptable.

Ross needs to be up and Kevin needs to be flipping flapjacks somewhere.

Quoting Hawk and DJ:

DJ: "Nice play by an outfielder who's playing first base."

Hawk: "Best thing about that, He's not gonig to turn two anyways"

DJ: "He's playing out of position. He's got the one costly error, but he's making everything look easy out there"

It's f***ing repulsive how much they slob this guys knob.