Los Angeles Dodgers

Phiadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

San Francisco Giants

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

Washington Nationals

are all available.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
anyways, is it possible for us just to have a soxtalk only OOTP league, that would be kinda cool

We tried it once, and it did not work so hawt for some various reasons

Another shot would not be a bad idea though

Can somebody give me an idea of how this game works? I looked at their web site, but I guess I still have some questions.

Are these games played in real time? I mean do you watch every pitch and make in game decisions? Or do you just set your teams' tendencies and let the computer play it out. Do you and your opponant have to both be on at the same time? Do you play a game every day? How long does a game take?

It looks like fun and something I would be interested in, but would need to know more about it.

I'm not interested because I'm in a few leagues, but to let you guys know, IMO, fictional>real. In fictional, you have a lot more room for creativity, and also, you have to get to know the players better and go by their stats and ratings, instead of their real life reputation.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
I'm not interested because I'm in a few leagues, but to let you guys know, IMO, fictional>real.  In fictional, you have a lot more room for creativity, and also, you have to get to know the players better and go by their stats and ratings, instead of their real life reputation.

agreed.

i made my own "Canadian Baseball league"

currently in the 3rd year.

we play 50 games a year. TOronto has won both years so far.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Can somebody give me an idea of how this game works?  I looked at their web site, but I guess I still have some questions. 

Are these games played in real time?  I mean do you watch every pitch and make in game decisions?  Or do you just set your teams' tendencies and let the computer play it out.  Do you and your opponant have to both be on at the same time?  Do you play a game every day?  How long does a game take?

It looks like fun and something I would be interested in, but would need to know more about it.

I had a version from years ago, but in you are in the online league, you set up everything, and everything is simmed out (it's mostly the point, it's a sim game). If you play by yourself or I guess run the sims, you could do it in real time and make the decisions.

As far as online goes, here's how it worked with the league I was in. You set your lineups, staff, tendencies, etc. Export the file from the OOTP game to the league server (very simple when you see it), and then stretches were simmed out. At least 2 weeks to a month in my league (so no, you don't both have to be online, but if you don't send in your file, the computer will autogenerate all your stuff, unless you already had sent one for a past sim, and it just carrys over). I know some leagues run things differently, and this is all info from the version I had about 4 years ago