ST Tailgate Friday June 17th

Chisoxfn

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Is the church exit off of I-55 or another road?

It's off the Dan Ryan..

Take 55 North to the Dan Ryan South (towards Indiana) and get off at 35th street.. go past 35th street (park will be on your right) and you'll see them waving you in just before 37th street.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
It's off the Dan Ryan..

Take 55 North to the Dan Ryan South (towards Indiana) and get off at 35th street.. go past 35th street (park will be on your right) and you'll see them waving you in just before 37th street.

Thanks for the tip, does the church fill up fast? I'm still not sure what time I'm leaving for the game.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Thanks for the tip, does the church fill up fast? I'm still not sure what time I'm leaving for the game.

Yes. Faster because it's smaller.. It will probably be full by 6 tonight.

Again, thank-you for your help. :notworthy

Note, when you exit at 35th St. you will have to make a quick left hand turn onto Wentworth - going south. Then as Steff says, you'll see them waving you into the church lot on your right hand side, just before 37th St.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
Note, when you exit at 35th St. you will have to make a quick left hand turn onto Wentworth - going south.  Then as Steff says, you'll see them waving you into the church lot on your right hand side, just before 37th St.

If he's coming from 55 no he wont. :huh

Just go through the 35th street light. He'll already be on Wentworth.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Note, when you exit at 35th St. you will have to make a quick left hand turn onto Wentworth - going south.  Then as Steff says, you'll see them waving you into the church lot on your right hand side, just before 37th St.

Depends which way you're coming from. If you're coming from the north on the ryan and get off on the 35th street exit then you just go straight.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's going north not south, sorry about that. :bang

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
Depends which way you're coming from.  If you're coming from the north on the ryan and get off on the 35th street exit then you just go straight.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's going north not south, sorry about that. :bang

He's coming from I55... he'll be going south on the Dan Ryan. No turns necessary.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
He's coming from I55... he'll be going south on the Dan Ryan. No turns necessary.

Steff, I have no clue where I55 is, I just misread your post. Don't mind me, I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to directions. :chair I'm trying to help and I'm just making things more complicated. :stick

Edited by Rowand44

If he's coming from 55 no he wont.  :huh

Just go through the 35th street light. He'll already be on Wentworth.

Whaaaa ... ?? Confused.

I-55 toward the city, exit Dan Ryan Indiana. Exit at 35th St. off the Dan Ryan.

The exit takes you directly onto 35th Street, unless they changed the exit.

If you exit at 31st Street you are already on Wentworth, and from there you'd proceed down past 35th ... or do I have the two exits messed up in my mind?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Whaaaa ... ??  Confused.

I-55 toward the city, exit Dan Ryan Indiana.  Exit at 35th St. off the Dan Ryan.

The exit takes you directly onto 35th Street, unless they changed the exit.

If you exit at 31st Street you are already on Wentworth, and from there you'd proceed down past 35th ... or do I have the two exits messed up in my mind?

35th exit does the same as 31st one does. When you get off the Ryan you are on Wentworth. You have to turn at the light left/right to get onto 35th.

35th exit does the same as 31st one does. When you get off the Ryan you are on Wentworth.

Yup, just checked on MapQuest.

I was thinking of coming from the Ryan from the south, don't mind me, it would help if I read the post and got the exits straight in my mind, seeing as I've gotten off on both exits about a million times.

Is it Happy Hour yet???????

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)

:headshake

It is for me.. I'm outta here kids. See those of you that are going tonight later!! :cheers

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Steff, I have no clue where I55 is, I just misread your post.  Don't mind me, I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to directions. :chair  I'm trying to help and I'm just making things more complicated. :stick

LOL.. I55 is the Stevenson.

I really appreciate everyone's help:

Just to clarify.

I55 North to Dan Ryan South (Toward Indiana)

Exit 35th St

Past 35th St towards 37th and will be waved in just before 37th

Also:

Is the Dan Ryan 355 or 294 or somethign else? I'm actually better with the numbers and is this a lot you have to pay in?

I was thinking of coming from the Ryan from the south, don't mind me, it would help if I read the post and got the exits straight in my mind, seeing as I've gotten off on both exits about a million times.

Close, very close. :drink

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)

Just to clarify.

Exit 35th St

Also:

Is the Dan Ryan 355 or 294 or somethign else? I'm actually better with the numbers and is this a lot you have to pay in?

I'll let someone else answer the highway question just incase I f*** up again :banghead But yes it's a paylot, 17 bucks just like the rest of the lots.

Just to clarify.

Exit 35th St

Also:

I will take this one, the Dan Ryan is I 90-94. You will see an exit off the Stevenson (I-55) for the Dan Ryan to Wisconsin and one for Indiana. Take Indiana.

Ok, this really doesnt have alot to do with the game thread, but my boredom at work is killing me. I was just checking the power rankings on SI.com, and I cannot help but notice that Dan George bears a uncanny resemblance to Paul McCartney. My random thought of the day.

On to the game, what kind of an out pitch does Houlton have? I havent heard much about him, other than his last start was pretty good(against the twins?). hopefully the AL Central can continue the domination of the dodgers via the White Sox. I dont expect anything less than a series win.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Ok, this really doesnt have alot to do with the game thread, but my boredom at work is killing me. I was just checking the power rankings on SI.com, and I cannot help but notice that Dan George bears a uncanny resemblance to Paul McCartney.  My random thought of the day.

On to the game, what kind of an out pitch does Houlton have? I havent heard much about him, other than his last start was pretty good(against the twins?).  hopefully the AL Central can continue the domination of the dodgers via the White Sox.  I dont expect anything less than a series win.

Game thread is below, bud :P