why y'all so down on timo

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Even though the opposition here is overwhelming, I agree. Timo hasn't been in very many games this year, but those he has been in he's played well. How anyone can insult him an call him a bad player is beyond my comprehension. I've seen good stuff from him considering how little time he's gotten in.

He has been in more games than anyone off our bench than anyone. He is our primary pinch hitter and ozzie thinks he can play multiple positions when he has a hard enough time with one. He has not been good this year unless you consider bad = good?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Give me an example of this good play.  2 hits does not a good player make.  Bad fielding, low avg, bad pinch hitter, not good in many positions, overpaid, and your 2 foot long sig full of quotes are all bad things.

Haha, that was great.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
When Timo Perez puts the glove up, you know he's going to make the catch.

Consider Timo vindicated! When he gets the glove up, it is caught! Fantastic!

Wait a second, what about when he muffed those plays at first. His glove was up, yet he didnt catch it.....very strange indeed.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Screw a plane, put him on a greyhound with a good possibility for a flat tire.

In fact, I already contacted a driver to pick up Timo.

MNHIBbus.jpg

Was this guy the bus driver for Timo to go to Charlotte

ugly6.jpg

Edited by sayitanitso

i dunno why everyone hates on timo. he distracts pitchers(and yes i know he can't run well), has a strong arm, is a team player, one of the few guys that CAN actually bunt(how many times has he had a bunt base-hit w/ the bases loaded?), fundamentally sound on a team w/ out many of these types of players that knows how to play the game right, and he was without a doubt our MOST clutch hitter last year(hit .397 w/ RISP, .412 w/ RISP & 2 OUTS, .444 w/ bases loaded). this year not as good, but it's tough to find your stroke as a role player. he just needs some time, defense is at least average, not his fault ozzie put him @ 1B, but that just shows you he's a team player. and they always show him on tv in the dugout w/ the guys having fun, seems like a lot of his teammates like him, and like they say chemistry is important. having said this, i understand we need another 1B, and he might be the odd man out w/ all our OF's but he is a very good and serviceable player.

Edited by thelatinoheat_30

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
i dunno why everyone hates on timo.  he distracts pitchers(and yes i know he can't run well), has a strong arm, is a team player, one of the few guys that CAN actually bunt(how many times has he had a bunt base-hit w/ the bases loaded?), fundamentally sound on a team w/ out many of these types of players that knows how to play the game right, and he was without a doubt our MOST clutch hitter last year(hit .397 w/ RISP, .412 w/ RISP & 2 OUTS, .444 w/ bases loaded).  this year not as good, but it's tough to find your stroke as a role player.  he just needs some time, defense is at least average, not his fault ozzie put him @ 1B, but that just shows you he's a team player.  and they always show him on tv in the dugout w/ the guys having fun, seems like a lot of his teammates like him, and like they say chemistry is important.  having said this, i understand we need another 1B, and he might be the odd man out w/ all our OF's but he is a very good and serviceable player.

I swear, everyone who defends Timo does so by saying he is good in the clubhouse and by reminiscing about his very few good moments in a Sox uniform. Look at the stats, the guy blows! I could care less that he has a good time with the rest of the team, when he is in he sucks. bottom line. He hurts the team when he plays.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
I have no idea what that means. Dont bother explaining.  I dont care.

Lets see your opinion you think timos ozzie lovechild so lets see that means ur opinion dont matter to him and ya timos stayin

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Lets see your opinion you think timos ozzie lovechild so lets see that means ur opinion dont matter to him and ya timos stayin

Find the quote that says I think Timo is Ozzies love child, I never said that. i just dont like Timo, I think he is hurting the team.

To me, Timo is a bit short to play 1B, and yet he did a pretty good job, dammit. And his at bats, which he hasn't had many of this year in my observation, he has hit pretty well and won a game or 2 for us with soem nice base hits. I realize what I'm saying doesn't sound like much, but for somebody who hasn't been at the plate much I'd say overall it's pretty nice. At least not anywhere near as bad to be getting all the negative feedback I've seen. Look at Cotts. Look at how much people have been trashing him, and he's getting into a groove. The way I see it, Timo hasn't done horribly at all this season so far. Give it a rest.

Everyone on here has said that reason timo is up here and playing is because he is ozzie guillens love child. Your one of person who hates him and most people agree on here that he is ozzie gullien's lovechild cause he won't send him down to minors for your liking. Hence why I said those comments. Shinjo is still here and so is Perez deal with it.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
To me, Timo is a bit short to play 1B, and yet he did a pretty good job, dammit. And his at bats, which he hasn't had many of this year in my observation, he has hit pretty well and won a game or 2 for us with soem nice base hits. I realize what I'm saying doesn't sound like much, but for somebody who hasn't been at the plate much I'd say overall it's pretty nice. At least not anywhere near as bad to be getting all the negative feedback I've seen. Look at Cotts. Look at how much people have been trashing him, and he's getting into a groove. The way I see it, Timo hasn't done horribly at all this season so far. Give it a rest.

While I agree some of the negative comments are getting old, Timo has not hit pretty well. Check the stats. There are better hitting pitchers in the NL than Timo has done this year. A meaningless stat, but funny nonetheless, Contreras has a higher OBP than Timo.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Ozuna can play IF and OF

Harris can play IF and OF

Gload can play IF and OF (as long as it isn't RF)

Timo can play RF and RF.

He was good for us last year, but it's time to find a backup 1B since Gload is down again and Timo sucks at 1B.

And by the way, it's not y'all, it's ya'll.  Learned that when I moved to Texas.

Whoa! I beg to differ. It is y'all. It's a contraction for the words "you all" therefore the apostrophe sits comfortably between the y and the a.