Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

El Duque (6-1, 4.15 ERA) vs Francis (5-2, 5.03 ERA)......

Will Ozzie play his junk line up or will Ozzie make dumb BP decisions or will Ozzie abandon small ball this time?

Discuss.

And oh yes.....EAT s*** COLORADO BIATCHES

:bang

PS: I am 3-0 in game threads so maybe my mojo will counter Ozzie's f***iness :chair

Edited by sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want any of you Ozzie bashers come back at the end of the season when we are in the playoffs saying what a great job Guillen done this year...

As for playing Timo Perez he has to keep all 25 players on the team fresh thats why he might play 1 or 2 games a week

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Im so sick and tired of these so called whitesox fans bad mouthing Ozzie while the team is 20 games over 500 and have the best record in baseball..

Ozzie has made  some mistakes but no Mgr is perfect... Guillen will be the Mgr of the year...

Hey, I'm thrilled about the way the White Sox have played this year, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with 100% of what Ozzie does. I have seen him make some questionable moves during the season, and I don't think it's fair that I'm not considered a true fan since I don't blindly follow everything he does. I'll save that sort of blind-faith for those fans of the Cubs....

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Hey, I'm thrilled about the way the White Sox have played this year, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with 100% of what Ozzie does.  I have seen him make some questionable moves during the season, and I don't think it's fair that I'm not considered a true fan since I don't blindly follow everything he does.  I'll save that sort of blind-faith for those fans of the Cubs....

What he said.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
I dont want any of you Ozzie bashers come back at the end of the season when we are in the playoffs saying what a great job Guillen done this year...

As for playing Timo Perez he has to keep all 25 players on the team fresh thats why he might play 1 or 2 games a week

Just because i say ozzie is going to mess this up doesnt mean I bad mouthed him. I just think ozzie could do alittle more to make sure we get a sweep instead of putting timo at 1st base. I still think ozzie is a great manager.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Soxfan- Give me one manager that has done everything perfect for an entire season...

Name one manager who would play Timo perez at first base besides ozzie

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Soxfan- Give me one manager that has done everything perfect for an entire season...

So? Does that mean that we can't question a move that we think is questionable? In the words of Herm Edwards "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! HELLO?!" Sometimes it seems that Ozzie hands the third game of a series to the other team by playing players in situations where they should not be playing seemingly because we already have the series. There are so many times that has happened this season that some of us have come to expect it. That's called observation, not criticism.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
So? Does that mean that we can't question a move that we think is questionable? In the words of Herm Edwards "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! HELLO?!" Sometimes it seems that Ozzie hands the third game of a series to the other team by playing players in situations where they should not be playing seemingly because we already have the series. There are so many times that has happened this season that some of us have come to expect it. That's called observation, not criticism.

Well said :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)

There has never been a perfect manager, and never will be. Still doesn't mean I can't question some of Ozzie's moves.

I would much rather see Uribe, Ozuna, Crede, or even Widger at 1b then ever seeing Timo there. If Gload is out for a significant time, I think that a back-up corner infielder is something KW will seriously have to address.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Not aganist a good right handed starter you want another LH in the starting lineup. Ozuna had made a few mistakes at 1B in the beginning of the year

Timo had never played at 1st base in his career. So what would you take the midget with no expierce there or Ozuna who has a "few"mistakes

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
Not aganist a good right handed starter you want another LH in the starting lineup. Ozuna had made a few mistakes at 1B in the beginning of the year

If my memory is correct, Ozuna has played first base for two innings in his career. They were in KC on a Sunday game, and Ozuna made a great play in the 9th to help preserve a one run win. I can't believe how many people defend Ozzie for the way he uses Timo.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
I think bashing Guillen before the game starts is being critical not observing

Who is bashing Ozzie? We've all observed what happens in the third game of a series that we take the first two in. Ozzie goes into "Get everyone PT" mode INSTEAD OF PLAYING FOR THE SWEEP. He puts lineups that make no sense for any reason other than the aforementioned one in the third game of a lot of series. If you observe the same behavior in a situation over and over and over, then why is it criticism to point out your observation when a similar situation comes up?