whose the most hated sox pitcher?

Johnny Damon was on steroids...and I s*** you not. One of my friends said all of last year that he was on the juice, and everyone thought he was crazy. He loses something like 25 pounds over the break, and he's got 2 homers this year (compared to 20 last year). I also suspect Trot, V-tek, Nomar, and even Ortiz possibly.

Oh, and don't forget Gabe Kapler. He was offered an extension by the Red Sox and took less money to play in Japan (!) when the policy was announced.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
not much to do with this topic, but im watching the cubs bosox game on mlb.com tv right now, and damn, arroyo is getting his ass kicked, its 7-1 cubs in the 3rd. as much as i hate the cubs, its good to have the team that, should the twins surpass us, we would contend w/ for the wildcard. for the first time in my life i have the urge to say...go cubs?!??

Your are the worst poster at staying on topic in Soxtalk history. And it took less than 50 posts to do so.

Back on topic: Navarro, Thriller, Koch, Ritchie, Foulke at the end of his run(Although he still had his fair share of supporters), Wells..... hmm.... theres more.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Please don't, seriously.  If you guys want to PM about it go ahead, but something like this could be considered libel if it isn't true.

Fair enough. Anyone can PM if they want to know the "rumor". Sorry mods if I caused trouble.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)

fathom.. don't mean to sound like a mother hen here.. but would ya mind halting this conversation. Could turn into big trouble for the site.

Edited by southsider2k5

Your are the worst poster at staying on topic in Soxtalk history. And it took less than 50 posts to do so.

Back on topic: Navarro, Thriller, Koch, Ritchie, Foulke at the end of his run(Although he still had his fair share of supporters), Wells..... hmm.... theres more.

guilty as charged. i just couldnt help myself. the doctors keep talking about AD or AHDD, something like that...but what do doctors know anyways?? :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Please don't, seriously.  If you guys want to PM about it go ahead, but something like this could be considered libel if it isn't true.

Sorry Mike.. didn't mean to hurt your toes. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
fathom.. don't mean to sound like a mother hen here.. but would ya mind halting this conversation. Could turn into big trouble for the site.

No, I agree. I deleted the post. I honestly didn't mean to cause any problem. Mods, please delete whatever you feel necessary.

Johnny Damon was on steroids...and I s*** you not.  One of my friends said all of last year that he was on the juice, and everyone thought he was crazy.  He loses something like 25 pounds over the break, and he's got 2 homers this year (compared to 20 last year).  I also suspect Trot, V-tek, Nomar, and even Ortiz possibly.

Oh, and don't forget Gabe Kapler.  He was offered an extension by the Red Sox and took less money to play in Japan (!) when the policy was announced.

For sure on Gabe Kapler. That guy is a beast. He must have been on the Giambi plan.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Yep, that guy made watching every 5th Sox game painful.

Well thats because he needed TJS cant really blame him for that.....

Im going with Esteban Loaiza though, he played like s*** in 2004 and than when traded to the yankees said he would finally get some run support... and at the time of the trade he was getting more run support than any other pitcher in the majors.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
Do you agree on Damon?  He was pretty damn big and solid for a leadoff guy.  Add the fact that he's lost power and weight... :ph34r:

I know someone who.. umm.. ehem.. had 'relations' with him.. and from her description I would have to not agree.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Well thats because he needed TJS cant really blame him for that.....

Im going with Esteban Loaiza though, he played like s*** in 2004 and than when traded to the yankees said he would finally get some run support... and at the time of the trade he was getting more run support than any other pitcher in the majors.

And shoulder surgery on top of that.