Game Thread vs. D'Backs 6-13-05

aboz56

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what Contreras's ERA is with Widger this year compared to AJP?  For some reason, I'm pretty sure Contreras has had more success with AJP behind the plate making sure that he pitches at a quick pace.

Hmmm, no idea. I do know that the score would be 0-0 if Dye knew how to field a shallow pop fly. :chair

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
Hmmm, no idea.  I do know that the score would be 0-0 if Dye knew how to field a shallow pop fly. :chair

Not only that, but he sure seemed to not put any effort into catching the first hit in that inning. He probably wouldn't have caught it, but it didn't land that far in front of him. Instead, Dye just coasted back on the ball to cut it off.

I'm not going to get all negative about this, but anyone else pissed that Ozzie seems to be using Pods almost in a platoon role? When we got him, I didnt think we were going to bench him so frequently against LHP, even though he's been good against lefties.

I know this likely will have no factor in the outcome, but does anyone else notice how slow Dye is to getting to the ball in the outfield, as well as seemingly always taking an extra second to look to where he's supposed to run the ball. His instincts in the outfield have been simply awful.