aboz56

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god that one is finally over.

Hopefully our guys will go home and forget about this loss.

And one more positive.....at least Contreras was able to go longer than 2 innings. We only had to use two relief guys so we didnt kill our pen.

Thank god that one is finally over.

And one more positive.....at least Contreras was able to go longer than 2 innings. We only had to use two relief guys so we didnt kill our pen.

Yep. We only used our jizzmoppers -- Jizzcan and Dingo. Jizzcan's ERA is now down to 4.99! :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)

They will.

They came back yesterday, and Saturday's loss had to be more draining than this one. I doubt they give tonight a second thought.

lets look at this on a positive note, we now know we have some flaws and we could use a pitcher to do some long relief, and a guy who can hit estes ;)

at least we didnt get beat nine to one like the cubs did :cheers

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
lets look at this on a positive note, we now know we have some flaws and we could use a pitcher to do some long relief, and a guy who can hit estes  ;)

at least we didnt get beat nine to one like the cubs did  :cheers

Agreed. As bad as Contreras was, at least he went six innings. Kind of amazing, actually. The thing is, the Sox are rarely in this position, so I'm not sure how much a long reliever is needed, but it would be nice.

I was at this terrible game....where do I begin

Wind blowing out at the beginning to center and right and a soft tossing lefty up there.

Do we A.) Hit the ball to center or to right as he is pitching away. And into the Jet Stream

B.) Take a few pitches to work the count a bit

C.) Break our necks trying to pull the ball

Of course our pullonly boys pulled the f***ing ball. They cant stop, its not in their nature to do other than that.

Frank Thomas tries to show how its done, he hits it to dead center, then puts one down the line in right.

Uribe goes the other way a few times. Very impressive.

Konerko went the other way once.

Besides that, pull o matic. PULL BASEBALL SON. JUST KEEP HITTING WHERE ESTES WANTS YOU TO.

Conteras was a giant turd. He hit 96 on his first pitch of the night, his fastball was at 94. Now if you have such a live fastball what do you do, you crawl into your shell and get behind every hitter, then when you come back with the fastball it gets mashed.

They hit the ball into the jet stream, which was going center to right the entire night. We however try to pull the ball.

Arow and Gooch are looking like they are pulling the ball more trying to go for power.

Our offense needs to be more consistant. The great one night then bad for a few is the mark of last years team.

Viz pitched well. Dingo almost got clocked, the one line drive went to the fence on his first inning.

And of course why f***ing Timo Perez as the pinch runner and replacement for Frank. Its not like Timo buys you any speed, he is slow. And to boot their is a lefty pitching. Ozzie is in love with this turd for whatever reason.

SAD SAD Game. What a bad taste for such a good crowd tonight.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Another negative was the pathetic toss by Lance Broadway with the first pitch. He bounced it to Buehrle, got booed big time.

so thats what jynxed us from the start

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
That was as pathetic as the spanking we received.  Great pick, Sox!  The guy couldn't even lob a ball over the plate. :puke

I will have to keep an eye on him and Carillo and see what happens in their careers. From the current view, we picked another Felix Diaz. Maybe his 89mph fastball is magical and not straight.

Or a few years later we will see.....

Tra-WO-HTEE.jpg

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
I will have to keep an eye on him and Carillo and see what happens in their careers.  From the current view, we picked another Felix Diaz.  Maybe his 89mph fastball is magical and not straight.

Tra-WO-HTEE.jpg

I know it's a small sample size but from a scout video I saw Broadway appears to have good movement on his FB. We shall see.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I will have to keep an eye on him and Carillo and see what happens in their careers.  From the current view, we picked another Felix Diaz.  Maybe his 89mph fastball is magical and not straight.

Tra-WO-HTEE.jpg

His fastball moves it's no where near as straight as Diaz's.