Game Thread vs. D'Backs 6-13-05

aboz56

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
I could go without seeing Contreras pitch to Widger again.  They have no chemistry together.

Yeah, I was thinking about starting an entire thread devoted to that idea. Widger should never even be allowed in the stadium the same day that Contreras pitches. Looks like Ozzie's lefty-righty matchup has bitten him in the ass, yet again. This is by far the worst game of the season, and it's so bad that it's now funny.

This game is a perfect example though of why Ozzie needs to switch the rotation around so that Contreras and Duque aren't back-to-back. With Marte likely being unavailable, our pen is going to have their work cut out for them the next two days.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
This game is a perfect example though of why Ozzie needs to switch the rotation around so that Contreras and Duque aren't back-to-back.  With Marte likely being unavailable, our pen is going to have their work cut out for them the next two days.

this is why we need another pitcher, can use him as a long inning reliever

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
this is why we need another pitcher, can use him as a long inning reliever

We were better off putting Marte on the DL. I haven't heard anything to suggest he'll be ready in the near future. It's amazing that a team with such a good record has certain glaring holes on its roster like we do (long man, back-up 1B).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
We were better off putting Marte on the DL.  I haven't heard anything to suggest he'll be ready in the near future.  It's amazing that a team with such a good record has certain glaring holes on its roster like we do (long man, back-up 1B).

Well, glaring holes such as long man and back up 1b aren't really that bad.

Edited by SHAFTR

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
we certainly do have the power hitters in the lineup to make it happen, we just cant hit estes, pathetic

your so right. sox make rookie pitchers and pitchers who have been bad of late look like cy young.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
any chance hes willing to show up to relieve contreras :headshake

Any chance he can pick up a bat & take a few swings off Estes too? I'll be he could do better than 2 hits in 12 at bats.

Points from Farmer's interview of Broadway(for any of you who aren't forced to listen to the broadcast on the radio).

Broadway said he's "pitching with conviction and meaning". He got hit by a car as a junior in high school, settled for a nice chunk of change and blew it quickly, learned his lesson. Clemens was his favorite player in the bigs, now its Buerhle or Garland.