White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank those that realized things were getting out of hand and decided to just stop when I asked you too. To those that keep on keeping on, that will come to a stop one way or the other.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
How long did he stick around? Did he just shoot around or help teach you guys things?

How awesome would it have been if he went to us like he was projected a week before the draft. Then last second he moved up out of our range. I was calling for us to trade up for him if need be the entire off-season then.

No teaching, just watching.

Yeah, it's a shame he didn't fall to us. I'm not mad about Hinrich or anything like that, it's just Wade's a level above Hinrich.

I really should ignore this, but sorry, I can't.

What a lot of you whiners know about long term thinking is very little.

Nothing personal to you, but what you said is so totally out of whack it just had to be responded to.

once again labeled a "whiner" cause i've got a different perspective. when anything wrong happens and i hear "we're still in first" that is a cop out to me.

i don't understand why you are tellin me i HAVE to do, act, think, and react like yourselves.  i do enjoy watchin the game.  sports are like rock concerts they are a release.  i still have not gotten an answer that will satisfy me with respect to not conforming to the rest of the group on here.  you immediately get labeled as "negative" and "aweful" (spellin that wrong intentionally to piss off mr. spelling bee).  who cares if someone says freddy garcia is gonna lose a game in the first inning?  let them say it.  let them get their frustrations out.  better doing it that way than other unhealthy ways.

It's a two way street.

If you are here to get your frustrations out, you should expect that people will do the same thing if your behavior frustrates them. Fair is fair.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
i don't understand why you are tellin me i HAVE to do, act, think, and react like yourselves.  i do enjoy watchin the game.  sports are like rock concerts they are a release.  i still have not gotten an answer that will satisfy me with respect to not conforming to the rest of the group on here.  you immediately get labeled as "negative" and "aweful" (spellin that wrong intentionally to piss off mr. spelling bee).  who cares if someone says freddy garcia is gonna lose a game in the first inning?  let them say it.  let them get their frustrations out.  better doing it that way than other unhealthy ways.

try keeping a level-head during these games?

i'll stay out of gamethreads then.

have fun talking about how we suck.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
No teaching, just watching.

Yeah, it's a shame he didn't fall to us.  I'm not mad about Hinrich or anything like that, it's just Wade's a level above Hinrich.

Pax tried to trade up to Toronto in order to select Wade. In hindsight, it was a deal he should have made, though I can remember the details.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Pax tried to trade up to Toronto in order to select Wade.  In hindsight, it was a deal he should have made, though I can remember the details.

Paxson didn't want to trade away marshall even though he ended up doing so anyway the same year.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
once again labeled a "whiner" cause i've got a different perspective.  when anything wrong happens and i hear "we're still in first" that is a cop out to me.

No. You're a whiner because you b**** about the simplist thing wrong.

I've clashed with Jim on several issues, and we've never called each other names. The way you present yourself is, well, like a whiner. You b**** about the smallest thing that goes wrong.

Is everything flowers and roses and peaches? No. But we have the best record in baseball. If I didn't watch this team day in, day out, you'd think we're in last place with all the b****ing that goes on in these threads.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Maybe we need a game thread for reinsdorfsucks and jabroni, and then one for everyone else.

Several others or so could partcipate in that thread too.

The chat must have been slow eh?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
I want to thank those that realized things were getting out of hand and decided to just stop when I asked you too.  To those that keep on keeping on, that will come to a stop one way or the other.

Sober second thought usually comes with experience. (Easy for me to say after 6 pints). :D

:cheers Congrats on the 15 K, YASNY. :cheers

It's a two way street.

If you are here to get your frustrations out, you should expect that people will do the same thing if your behavior frustrates them.  Fair is fair.

personally i don't give a rats ass what others say about me. it's only a f'n message board. it's only baseball. it's entertainment. obviously others can't recognize that.

No.  You're a whiner because you b**** about the simplist thing wrong.

I've clashed with Jim on several issues, and we've never called each other names.  The way you present yourself is, well, like a whiner.  You b**** about the smallest thing that goes wrong.

Is everything flowers and roses and peaches?  No.  But we have the best record in baseball.  If I didn't watch this team day in, day out, you'd think we're in last place with all the b****ing that goes on in these threads.

Keith to be honest I do not ever recall clashing with you. The closest I can recall is we disagreed on Harris over the winter ... that was about it ... ? Mutual respect maybe.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
Keith to be honest I do not ever recall clashing with you.  The closest I can recall is we disagreed on Harris over the winter ... that was about it ... ?  Mutual respect maybe.

Yeah, clashed wasn't really the right word.

Disagreed on Harris and perhaps Guzman this offseason, that's about it.

No.  You're a whiner because you b**** about the simplist thing wrong.

I've clashed with Jim on several issues, and we've never called each other names.  The way you present yourself is, well, like a whiner.  You b**** about the smallest thing that goes wrong.

Is everything flowers and roses and peaches?  No.  But we have the best record in baseball.  If I didn't watch this team day in, day out, you'd think we're in last place with all the b****ing that goes on in these threads.

then put me on ignore. you don't have to read my posts. save yourself the heart attack and high blood pressure buddy. but i could give a flying f*** what you actually think. and if you let some words typed on the internet bother you, and that goes out to everyone on this board, you're f***in weak plain and simple.

personally i don't give a rats ass what others say about me.  it's only a f'n message board.  it's only baseball.  it's entertainment.  obviously others can't recognize that.

Just a hunch, but I would say many here think it's you who can't recognize things.

No one cares that you vent your frustrations, just be prepared to get it back if your behavior frustrates others.

Again, nothing personal and by the way I did not specifically call you a whiner, I was referring to a group. I don't know enough about your posts to figure it out, but my guess is you won't be around long if you don't start realizing it's a two way street here.