White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

What does that have to do with anything?  I thought they'd contend in an overall weak division.  It's mid-June and they're 10 games back, and have played like s*** the whole season.

Whatever.  I think the smarter posters around here have learned what to expect from you.

My point is that everyone makes bad predictions. I do, you do, everyone does. If you want to call me out for making a bad one, I will call you out for doing the same.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
good post, unfortunately it won't get through to the ones that it needs to.

That's my feelings..I've been thinking what he said for months now...We want our team to be absolutely perfect team..There is no perfect team..

You jut got to suck it up and back up a bit and take things in perspective..

Gonna be 25 games over .55(hopefully) Uhh, I'll take that

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
The lesson here tonight is that we can throw a not-even-close AAA starter and our two worst relievers at a recently hot and re-energized scrappy team and still hand our closer a three run lead in the ninth.

Not bad, huh

see, that's a positive post.

we can say the same thing in jabroni-reindorf language:

our best prospect just got rocked by the worst team in the AL, we suck. Vizcaino sucks, ozzie is an idiot, hermy is gonna blow it.

My point is that everyone makes bad predictions.  I do, you do, everyone does.  If you want to call me out for making a bad one, I will call you out for doing the same.

Nyah nyah nuh nyah nyah

:D

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
And, I know this is off-topic, but something pretty cool happened tonight.

We had some summer basketball games, and guess who's there?  Dwayne Wade.  Pretty neat.  Real big guy -- sometimes basketball players look small on TV, but he's friggin' huge.  I didn't go get his autograph or nothin', I figure enough people go and do that.  Just, kind of cool on a night where I watched the junior guards s*** down their legs...

How long did he stick around? Did he just shoot around or help teach you guys things?

How awesome would it have been if he went to us like he was projected a week before the draft. Then last second he moved up out of our range. I was calling for us to trade up for him if need be the entire off-season then.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
My point is that everyone makes bad predictions.  I do, you do, everyone does.  If you want to call me out for making a bad one, I will call you out for doing the same.

Well, that's the first time I've gotten a sense of "I was wrong" from you. I've admitted I was wrong on Oakland, and maybe it's just me, but I've never gotten that sense from you about Cotts.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
see, that's a positive post.

we can say the same thing in jabroni-reindorf language:

our best prospect just got rocked by the worst team in the AL, we suck.  Vizcaino sucks, ozzie is an idiot, hermy is gonna blow it.

:notworthy

Right On...

here's the problem, you're a sox fan right?

enjoy the game, if not, why do you watch?

just to complain and fear the future?

i don't understand why you are tellin me i HAVE to do, act, think, and react like yourselves. i do enjoy watchin the game. sports are like rock concerts they are a release. i still have not gotten an answer that will satisfy me with respect to not conforming to the rest of the group on here. you immediately get labeled as "negative" and "aweful" (spellin that wrong intentionally to piss off mr. spelling bee). who cares if someone says freddy garcia is gonna lose a game in the first inning? let them say it. let them get their frustrations out. better doing it that way than other unhealthy ways.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
it's more of a cop out than anything else.  the "we're still #1" rah-rah stuff is good to a certain degree and only is about short term thinkin and not long term thinking.

The season is long and there are peaks and valleys for all players and teams. In many ways the reverse is true. Often they only look bad in the short term. Overall (the long term) what can we say? How about "way to go Sox". Over and over. :cheers :cheers

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
I feel like a damn babysitter after tonight.

Congrats on the 15,000 posts. :cheers

Your one of the very best posters we have an without you this place would lose alot of what i like about it. Keep it up.