Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

If the UMPs rotate normally, Lance Barksdale will be at Home Plate today. Barksdale ranks 69th out of 78 umpires in percent strikes called at 62.7%. Tops is Bill Welke at 65.6%.

Doesn't sound like much but in a given game 90% of the pitches are obvious so everybody calls them the same. For example, Greg Gibson had no trouble deciding that the one that hit him on the forehead yesterday was a ball. So this % strikes spread is big when you consider it comes from the 10-12 debatable throws a pitcher offers in most games.

Barksdale makes you throw the ball over the plate, this is good going against Greg Maddox. When he doesn't get the call on pitches a couple inches outside he becomes very hittable. With Barksdale, anticipate whinning and tears from the 3B dugout.

I don't think it will have much of an effect on Contreras, when he misses it can usually be measured in feet while when his is on the ball goes right down the middle but nobody can hit it.

Overall a plus for the White Sox.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Watching this game with the girlfriend. Good idea or bad idea for those with experience?

good, if she knows your commitment to the sox.

bad, if she doesnt, or just doesn't care.

:P

I don't think it will have much of an effect on Contreras, when he misses it can usually be measured in feet while when his is on the ball goes right down the middle but nobody can hit it.

Overall a plus for the White Sox.

And the Flubs swing at everything anyways.

This is the one game of the 3 that I'm kinda worried about...I figured Garcia would step it up last night, and he was amazing. Contreras has the ability to do the same today. Nothing would make me happier than goin and taking the first 2 from this s***ty Flubbs team.

:gosox3:

You know what's the best part of being 50-22? I don't have to worry about the Sox losing this one with me in attendance. If any Cub fan tries to give me crap walking out of the park, I can simply point out the record.

I've always dreaded Cubs/Sox games that I attend, because the Sox are undefeated in those. I never want that streak to end. I think today it will. But, this year, and this year alone, I can live with it.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
good, if she knows your commitment to the sox.

bad, if she doesnt, or just doesn't care.

:P

Oh, she knows, just like everyone else that knows me. And I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad because she had played softball all her life up until last year.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I am watching a a replay of the Cubs broadcast and Brenley was saying he was watching Sox film with Maddux before the game and Maddux noticed something that occured with almost every Sox hitter that he would take advantage of.

Hmm...

Spitballs :o

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
After getting dominated the way they did yesterday, loook for the Cubs to step it up today.    The Sox better be agressive early and match their intensity.    Need to hit Maddux early, if he goes into the 4th unscathed, we're in trouble.

If they didn't step it up yesterday after the embarassing loss with Milwaukee, I don't know what they have in them. Basically if the Sox can shut down Lee, they can win.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Can someone recap the "Maddux is pissed" story. I missed that part of the pre-game.

Buehrle accused a Cubs pitcher of spitballing. The media picked up on it and said he was talking about Maddux. Maddux responded with a "who's Mark Buerhle?"

Expect a war.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Buehrle accused a Cubs pitcher of spitballing. The media picked up on it and said he was talking about Maddux. Maddux responded with a "who's Mark Buerhle?"

Expect a war.

Maddux is an asshole. Let's take him out..