White Sox at A's 7/2 Gamethread

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Has Kevin Walker been cut yet? :puke

All I can say is, that between Walker pitching, and Ozzie allowing him to pitch... at least 2 or 3 kittens died last night.

post-1340-1120152338.jpg

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
ok granted.

but dye and gooch, two of our better if not best hitters at the moment?

Tadahito's been pretty bad for awhile now. (.244/.319/.354) in June pretty much sucks.

Not to mention his RISP avg (.226/.278/.339) -- This is really troubling because he was well above .300 before june.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Tadahito's been pretty bad for awhile now. (.244/.319/.354) in June pretty much sucks.

Not to mention his RISP avg (.226/.278/.339) -- This is really troubling because he was well above .300 before june.

I like what we've seen from Iguchi, but he was bound for his stats to drop significantly from the early part of the season. He was finding every hole imaginable on the field for about 3 weeks, and that resulted in his batting average shooting over .330 for a little bit.

I understand that Ozzie wants to play as many lefties as possible against the RHP, but why not just put Everett into the outfield instead of playing Timo? Everett and Dye have been our two best hitters lately...and both are sitting tonight.

Pods pops out on the infield, 1 down. Blast.

This guy has given up exactly 3 home runs all year long. In other words, we're not going to win this game with the long ball. We need to get people on base and move them over.

Something tells me Jon is going to have to be right on the money today, because we might not score many runs.

We're not going to win this game with the long ball, so we need to string together some hits with guys who haven't been doing that.