White Sox at A's 7/2 Gamethread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
You can't have a 3-0 count and strike out. That's the worst, especially striking out looking.

Our power hitters like to take the 3-0 pitch, and then swing wildly at the 3-1 pitch, which in a lot of situations is going to be an offspeed pitch. Prior made our big hitters look silly by taking advantage of some poor strategy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Frank goes up 3-0, and ends up striking out.  I think we've seen that as much from him this year as we did from 1991-1998 combined.

Probably, but I also remember him swinging on 3-0 too. I almost wish he would since it looks like he's only trying to hit a home run. Might as well serve up that pitch.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Probably, but I also remember him swinging on 3-0 too. I almost wish he would since it looks like he's only trying to hit a home run. Might as well serve up that pitch.

They showed a stat last year on Frank with a 3-0 count, and his average was brutal. It was well under .200 for his career.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
They showed a stat last year on Frank with a 3-0 count, and his average was brutal. It was well under .200.

Yeah I guess last year's Frank is a lot closer than 90's Frank.

2 down. Good.