Bret Boone

aboz56

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
He is really old so I don't know if the juice comments are completely fair but I do agree that he ends up in SD where he played before. He knows he gets the job while Loretta is out but I guess the Twins make some sense since he could start for them the rest of the year.

Have you seen his career stats? Or how he bulked up mysteriously? He's one of the true poster boys for steroids.

The Twins arent intrested (thank god!)

from the Strib

Interest in Boone?

The Twins are not thought to have interest in Mariners second baseman Bret Boone, who was designated for assignment by the team Sunday.

That means the Mariners have 10 days in which to trade him. If they can't trade him, they will put him through waivers.

Twins General Manager Terry Ryan, reached Sunday afternoon, declined to comment. The Twins are thought to be more interested in playing Nick Punto at second base than searching for outside help.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5489271.html

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
The Twins arent intrested (thank god!)

from the Strib

Interest in Boone?

The Twins are not thought to have interest in Mariners second baseman Bret Boone, who was designated for assignment by the team Sunday.

That means the Mariners have 10 days in which to trade him. If they can't trade him, they will put him through waivers.

Twins General Manager Terry Ryan, reached Sunday afternoon, declined to comment. The Twins are thought to be more interested in playing Nick Punto at second base than searching for outside help.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5489271.html

padres are looking at him, they want him at second so they can put loretta at third

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
OMG...

I don’t know if anyone saw Boone in a press conference literally crying his ass off. The man was crying a river!

I was literally ROLFLMFAO. I was crying from laughter after watching that steroid freak blubber on National television.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
I was literally ROLFLMFAO. I was crying from laughter after watching that steroid freak blubber on National television.

Crying like a little b**** and having his hair highlighted made me question his sexuality...not that there's anything wrong with that.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
padres are looking at him, they want him at second so they can put loretta at third

I thought they were more interested in him because Loretta is hurt right now(broken pinky or something like that) and they wanted Damian Jackson to be a utility player more than a starter.

Either way, I think Boone ends up a Padre, its his hometown I think.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
I thought they were more interested in him because Loretta is hurt right now(broken pinky or something like that) and they wanted Damian Jackson to be a utility player more than a starter. 

Either way, I think Boone ends up a Padre,  its his hometown I think.

hes going to trust me, its gonna happen