GAME THREAD 7-6-2005 SOX vs FISH

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
just got home. guess the count is pitching like s*** already.

I would rather see him pitch strikes and get hit then walks !!

Does that sound crazy ?!

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
just got home. guess the count is pitching like s*** already.

Not really. Crawford got jammed. Just fell in. Carl was playing deep. Struck out Lugo, Popped up Cantu. Just left a ball a little out over the plate that an extremely hot hitter crushed.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Not really. Crawford got jammed. Just fell in. Carl was playing deep. Struck out Lugo, Popped up Cantu. Just left a ball a little out over the plate that an extremely hot hitter crushed.

maybe he will calm down a bit and pitch a good game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
He'll be good today.

I know he gave up a homer..but he made some great pitches..

I don't know what it is with Contreras - he does have some great stuff but just can't seem to pull it mentally together when he is on the mound.

:huh:

QUOTE(tony72 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)

I don't know what it is with Contreras - he does have some great stuff but just can't seem to pull it mentally together when he is on the mound.

F---his walks !!

QUOTE(tony72 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)

was he metal on the mound in new york?

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
was he metal on the mound in new york?

yes-

one day he looked like Cy Young and the next he looked as if he should pitch in the little leagues...I guess the Yankees just got tired of his inconsistency..

The frustrating this is...he HAS THE TALENT AND POTENTIAL..but can't seem to seal the deal..

QUOTE(tony72 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
yes-

one day he looked like Cy Young and the next he looked as if he should pitch in the little leagues...I guess the Yankees just got tired of his inconsistency..

The frustrating this is...he HAS THE TALENT AND POTENTIAL..but can't seem to seal the deal..

You know what? If my 4th starter can outright win 1 out of every 2 games, or maybe a little bit better than that...I'm happy with that. Because if I'm a good team, my offense will find a way to come through on some of my 4th guy's bad starts, and sometimes my bullpen will hold together enough to get me a couple more wins.

I don't expect a 4th starter to go 20-3. That's Buehrle's job. I want him to give us a chance to win in about half of his games.