Winnin Ugly

If the Sox play .500 the rest of the way, the Twins will have to go 51-28 just to catch us. Neither looks likely.

You can extrapolate from this to see that the Sox would have to suffer a total breakdown to lose the division. For example, if the Sox go only 9 games above .500 for the remaining games, the Twins would have to go 60-19 just to tie us. Virtually impossible.

Edited by nvxplorer

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
If the Sox play .500 the rest of the way, the Twins will have to go 51-28 just to catch us. Neither looks likely.

You can extrapolate from this to see that the Sox would have to suffer a total breakdown to lose the division. For example, if the Sox go only 9 games above .500 for the remaining games, the Twins would have to go 60-19 just to tie us. Virtually impossible.

And people say those games early in the season don't mean anything.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
And people say those games early in the season don't mean anything.

What cracks me up are the Twins fans I read at the CBS forums. They're still dreaming. They're predicting the Sox will choke, just like they have been since April. They've resorted to comparing this team to the last two, where there is no comparison. One idiot mentioned Loaiza - why, I don't know. Another moron was so clever. He wrote White Sux. How original! It must suck being a Twins fan, but I have no sympathy.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Is our magic# after KC beat Minnesota

way to go Royals

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
is this counting the loss by the twins today, im sure it is, nice to see the number so low

First post of the thread. Too obvious? :huh

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:11 AM)
white sox = respeck knuckles

Hey, don't post too often (perhaps I should!) but I just wanted to pay homage to the respeck knuckles...Stormy and Dr. Quinn would be proud! :headbang

But as long as that magic number keeps fallin, it'll be a sweet ride to october.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
I have to say, there was a number of other things I thought this thread would be about when I clicked on the title.

:)

:lolhitting

KevHead - Love the Avatar.

Jean Shepherd :headbang :headbang :headbang