Attendance Trends

Heads22

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update... This was from Saturday's Trib

Saturday was the seventh sellout of the season, compared to a franchise record 10 last season. The Sox are averaging more than 31,000 fans over the last 17 home dates. …

The attendance average is up to 26,505 after the Sox drew 105k to the park for the weekend series with the A's.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)

The attendance average is up to 26,505 after the Sox drew 105k to the park for the weekend series with the A's.

It good to see that they are finally getting some support from the fans. :cheers

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
its kinda scary when ever the sox draw a good crowd they lose,lets hope that changes. :gosox2:

Its actually kind of sad. You figure there’s a lot of bandwagon fans, they come to the Cell, and just to see the Sox lose. Hopefully it does change.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)

The attendance average is up to 26,505 after the Sox drew 105k to the park for the weekend series with the A's...and proceded to s*** themselves.

:D

A couple of things.

Without selling another ticket, the Sox will draw 1.9M fans this season not bad.

Do not confuse bandwagon fans with fans that are more willing to shell out dough because the team is winning. People that go to 0-3 game normally now are going to 5-7. As well as people with an option Navy Pier - Sox Game (families, tourist) are going to Sox game now rather than Navy Pier. That does not make them Bandwagon fans. I was at 21 games last year. This year I have been to 19 and have 10 more games in hand, will end up around 35-40. Did I hop on the bandwagon. There are different levels of fandom.

How much do you guys spend per game... for les say good not great but not bad tickets and for food and everything at the game.

Im interested because im just starting college and will finally have my own car and s***, but if it costs 2 much I cant really afford to go because I can use all the money I can get my hands on to, I know the upper deck seats or whatevr are really cheap but dont want to sit up there.

To be honest in my lifetime ive actually been to more cubs games than sox ones :crying , my dad used to get free tickets from his business all the time and they were always cub tickets and since whole family is cubs fans beside me that wasnt a problem for them :angry:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
How much do you guys spend per game... for les say good not great but not bad tickets and for food and everything at the game.

Im interested because im just starting college and will finally have my own car and s***, but if it costs 2 much I cant really afford to go because I can use all the money I can get my hands on to, I know the upper deck seats or whatevr are really cheap but dont want to sit up there.

To be honest in my lifetime ive actually been to more cubs games than sox ones  :crying , my dad used to get free tickets from his business all the time and they were always cub tickets and since whole family is cubs fans beside me that wasnt a problem for them  :angry:

Whoa...that is un-excuseable...you go to Cubs games but not Sox? You need to buy an UD ticket and deal with it...or join the Rainbow Army on the North Side! :P :bang

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)

To be honest in my lifetime ive actually been to more cubs games than sox ones  :crying , my dad used to get free tickets from his business all the time and they were always cub tickets and since whole family is cubs fans beside me that wasnt a problem for them  :angry:

It depends on the game. Early in the season I got some sweet tickets on Stub Hub to a game against the Royals, paid about $40 for the tickets. I haven't found any other great deals like that though. I'd try to buy tickets in the outfield in advance, and you're looking at around $30 per. If you eat and drink at the game it's gonna get really expensive really fast. I don't know where you go to college, but transportation is the other big cost, if you're in the Chicago area, find a way to take the Red Line ($3.50 round trip) and it's fairly cheap, if you drive you have the cost of gas and $17 to park near the stadium.

I usually but a $1 scorecard and keep score during the game, that way I don't want to get food because it'd be hard to eat and keep score at the same time and I might end up missing some plays.

So, about the cheapest it's gonna be is $35 per person, and that's barebones minimum. Of course, if you go on Monday tickets are half price

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
It depends on the game.  Early in the season I got some sweet tickets on Stub Hub to a game against the Royals, paid about $40 for the tickets.  I haven't found any other great deals like that though.  I'd try to buy tickets in the outfield in advance, and you're looking at around $30 per.  If you eat and drink at the game it's gonna get really expensive really fast.  I don't know where you go to college, but transportation is the other big cost, if you're in the Chicago area, find a way to take the Red Line ($3.50 round trip) and it's fairly cheap, if you drive you have the cost of gas and $17 to park near the stadium. 

I usually but a $1 scorecard and keep score during the game, that way I don't want to get food because it'd be hard to eat and keep score at the same time and I might end up missing some plays.

So, about the cheapest it's gonna be is $35 per person, and that's barebones minimum.  Of course, if you go on Monday tickets are half price

Lucky for me I have some money and love to waste it on 5.50 beers...I blow way too much money there...the Sox better win this year, or I'm asking Reinsdorf for my money back! :P

If you live in Stickney, you can afford more :bang

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
A couple of things.

Without selling another ticket, the Sox will draw 1.9M fans this season not bad.

Do not confuse bandwagon fans with fans that are more willing to shell out dough because the team is winning.  People that go to 0-3 game normally now are going to 5-7.  As well as people with an option Navy Pier - Sox Game (families, tourist) are going to Sox game now rather than Navy Pier.  That does not make them Bandwagon fans.  I was at 21 games last year.  This year I have been to 19 and have 10 more games in hand, will end up around 35-40.  Did I hop on the bandwagon.  There are different levels of fandom.

How do you figure that?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Due to the tickets already sold for the rest of the year, its at 1.9 million... :bang

I knew that! I was testing him to see if he would remember his logic. DUH!

So seriously, with walk ups, we could expect between 2.0 and 2.5 million???

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
I knew that! I was testing him to see if he would remember his logic. DUH!

So seriously, with walk ups, we could expect between 2.0 and 2.5 million???

I think people will be gobbling up a lot of tickets...2.5 would be awesome and I think possible!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
I think people will be gobbling up a lot of tickets...2.5 would be awesome and I think possible!

Like I said in another thread averaging 2.4 million would be near impossible. 2.4 mil people would be 30k a night. In order to that we would near to average 33,5k to balance out the 26.5k we have averaged at the halfway mark. It is possible, but difficult when you factor in the most we can get into a game now is about 39k. I think about 2.25 million is where we will end up for the season.

I have a long-standing policy of not drinking at Sox games because the beer is where they really gouge your wallet at the ballgame. If you stay away from booze, you'll walk away with about $50 more and you can pick up a nice sixer on the way home and have a couple then. I do over-indulge on food though, because it's fantastic... usually eating at least two dogs with onions, a couple of novelty items and a couple of sodas.

All said, I usually spend $15-$30 on a ticket (depending on promotion and location) and about $25 on food.

New updates from the Trib...

As of Friday morning, the Sox had sold 128,600 tickets for their four-game series next weekend against the defending World Series champion Red Sox. The Sox also have sold 34,150 tickets for Wednesday's game against the Tigers

34,000 for a Wednesday Tigers game??? Wow! :o