Crede

bighurt2719

it seems like people dislike crede generally on this site. why? sure, he's more glove than bat (at least thats what i think), but why all the hate for him? is he that bad? why does everyone want to throw a wrench into the cogs of a machine that is running so well?

I'll give you the politically correct answer. Basically, they see his potential and what he accomplished in the minors and are pissed off that he hasn't done the same yet at the ML level. It's just like Garland, except Garland finally developed(after 5 years mind you) and so they moved on to their new sparring partner. Uribe has actually been as bad if not worse than Crede.

I dont think we should do anything at third unless we rob somebody of a 3rd baseman and give them nothing for him. Im happy with Crede at third and im tired of all this talk about trading for Chavez...he's not leaving Oakland. Get over it! Crede's glove at third is very valuable to this team and he is not expensice to have.

I think Crede's pissing people off more because he should be hitting .270 with 15 home runs, not .240 or whatever he's at. He's a better hitter than anything we've seen from him except for a couple of times since he came up.

I'm honestly hoping that his back injury could be a turning point, if it hurts him on a swing to twist his back a lot, maybe it'll force him to stay closed a little more and drive the ball. It wouldnt' be the first time an injury made a guy's swing better.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
I dont think we should do anything at third unless we rob somebody of a 3rd baseman and give them nothing for him.  Im happy with Crede at third and im tired of all this talk about trading for Chavez...he's not leaving Oakland.  Get over it!  Crede's glove at third is very valuable to this team and he is not expensice to have.

Chavez' name has not come up in some time. I think you need to get over it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
I think Crede's pissing people off more because he should be hitting .270 with 15 home runs, not .240 or whatever he's at.  He's a better hitter than anything we've seen from him except for a couple of times since he came up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or misinterpreting what you said, or just being a prick(which I'm fine with ~_^), but I think the fact that he hits home runs and gets hits is a bit more important that his average. Sure, at this point, his average SHOULD be higher. But his hitting hasn't been exactly POOR, at least not in my book. 15 homers coming from him at this point is strange, but let's appreciate it. I know I do.

Either way, I'm totally a Crede fan, and I truly believe he belongs on this team. As one person above said, it would be nice if his hitting was better, but his solid D is enough to keep him here, unless we could get someone a lot better, and I just don't think that's going to happen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Chavez' name has not come up in some time. I think you need to get over it.

I dont know what the hell you talkin about but this is my first post about crede and chavez. I just want to put and end to it and voice my opinion. Guess we gotta make you before we can voice our opinions. :chair

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
I dont know what the hell you talkin about but  this is my first post about crede and chavez.  I just want to put and end to it and voice my opinion.  Guess we gotta make you before we can voice our opinions. :chair

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
I dont think we should do anything at third unless we rob somebody of a 3rd baseman and give them nothing for him.  Im happy with Crede at third and im tired of all this talk about trading for Chavez...he's not leaving Oakland.  Get over it!  Crede's glove at third is very valuable to this team and he is not expensice to have.

I don't really understand that.

Chavez' name has not been mentioned in quite some time. That is what my point is. You are sick off all the Chavez talk yet there is none. People stopped talking about Chavez once the A's got hot. That's what I'm talking about.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
I don't really understand that.

Chavez' name has not been mentioned in quite some time. That is what my point is. You are sick off all the Chavez talk yet there is none. People stopped talking about Chavez once the A's got hot. That's what I'm talking about.

OK, lets move on then. Sorry to everyone in this thread for this and if I made it worse.

Which I probably did. Kalapse and me are cool. :cheers :gosox1:

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Love him or hate him gotta like his new sideburns though.....

damn...and that RBI double he just hit

Awwww I love his new sideburns, seriously! They suit him well! :)

And plus, he's the best third basemen out there...you can't mess with that!

I heart Joe Crede

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
it seems like people dislike crede generally on this site. why? sure, he's more glove than bat (at least thats what i think), but why all the hate for him? is he that bad? why does everyone want to throw a wrench into the cogs of a machine that is running so well?

Crede is nowhere near Gold Glove quality, so defense can be improved at 3rd Base and there are other alternatives out there that could be added to the team via trade such as Cincinnati's Randa.

QUOTE(trexer @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Crede is nowhere near Gold Glove quality, so defense can be improved at 3rd Base and there are other alternatives out there that could be added to the team via trade such as Cincinnati's Randa.

Credibility lost.

No one in baseball has played better defense at 3B than Crede this year. No one.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Scott Rolen has been better

That's debateable, in that Crede has logged about 50% more innings at the hot corner than Rolen. I'll admit that I forgot Rolen when I ran that statement through my mind, but I'll stand by it. -- This is coming from someone who called Crede's defense overrated as little as 6 months ago. I'm by no means a Crede apologist. -- To say he's not Gold Glove caliber is ridiculous though. It needed a response. He's been the best defensive 3B in the AL this season, and I don't think there's any debating that.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:52 AM)
That's debateable, in that Crede has logged about 50% more innings at the hot corner than Rolen. I'll admit that I forgot Rolen when I ran that statement through my mind, but I'll stand by it. -- This is coming from someone who called Crede's defense overrated as little as 6 months ago. I'm by no means a Crede apologist. -- To say he's not Gold Glove caliber is ridiculous though. It needed a response. He's been the best defensive 3B in the AL this season, and I don't think there's any debating that.

Thank you. God damn I thought I was insane for dubbing him GG worthy.