Shingo to the Dbacks by today?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

White Sox | Takatsu Headed To Phoenix?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:43:31 -0700

The Chicago Tribune is reporting the Chicago White Sox may trade RP Shingo Takatsu to the Arizona Diamondbacks as soon as July 18, assuming the Diamondbacks don't make a deal beforehand. No further information was involved on any other players in a potential trade.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A Shingo deal makes sense sadly. Ozzie refuses to use the guy for long periods of time, and he is essentially a waste of a roster spot right now. We might as well get something for him. I am holding out hope for somekind of a deal to get Alex Cintron, but I doubt that will happen.

If Ozzie did use him a lot, we'd call for Ozzie's head. Shinjo just doesn't have "IT" this season...and even if he's pitching exactly the same, the league has caught up with him. It's evident by the fact that when he's hit, he's hit HARD...I've never seen a pitching give up so many homers. A change of leagues would do Shinjo a world of wonder, but again, that's probably just another one year fix until the NL realizes that you just have to sit back and wait for that one pitch to hammer.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:13 AM)
A Shingo deal makes sense sadly.  Ozzie refuses to use the guy for long periods of time, and he is essentially a waste of a roster spot right now.  We might as well get something for him.  I am holding out hope for somekind of a deal to get Alex Cintron, but I doubt that will happen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:13 AM)
A Shingo deal makes sense sadly.  Ozzie refuses to use the guy for long periods of time, and he is essentially a waste of a roster spot right now.  We might as well get something for him.  I am holding out hope for some kind of a deal to get Alex Cintron, but I doubt that will happen.

The bullpen isn't Ozzies strong suit. I'm ambivalent on how he has used and is using Shingo. I'm wondering what his trade value actually is. Potential is always sexy and a siren song to GMs. With the midas touch that Kenny has wielded the past year, he may come away with a bigger fish than we think.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:13 AM)
A Shingo deal makes sense sadly.  Ozzie refuses to use the guy for long periods of time, and he is essentially a waste of a roster spot right now.  We might as well get something for him.  I am holding out hope for somekind of a deal to get Alex Cintron, but I doubt that will happen.

oh lord i would love to land any one of conor jackson, carlos quentin, stephen drew. not that any of them will be traded, at least not for shingo.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
oh lord i would love to land any one of conor jackson, carlos quentin, stephen drew. not that any of them will be traded, at least not for shingo.

Something tells me that Boras wont let Drew become part of the White Sox organization. ;)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:20 AM)
The bullpen isn't Ozzies strong suit.

And yet, Marte, Politte, Cotts, and Hermanson are all doing very well in 2005. Actually, Politte, Cotts, and Hermanson are posting career best stats in ERA (and Hermanson had a few damn good seasons as a starter and Politte has had some nice seasons in the past, too). Maybe Ozzie doesn't know a damn thing about the bullpen and that's just luck and three guys are having career best seasons for him... or maybe he knows exactly what he's doing to get the most out of his guys. Given that the success and failure of bullpen pitchers is highly situational (this is supported by the high level of fluctuation in the performance of relievers from year to year), I'm more inclined to believe that it's something that Ozzie, or at least Cooper, is doing.

Well El Duque is starting tonight... and we still haven't heard of Jenks being sent down to make room for him. I am convinced the Sox are trying to make this happen, but I thought Shingo had a no trade clause.

If it is possible, I'd like to see a deal for Scott Hairston, or Alex Cintron, or Matt Kata

I think this is a move that could potentialy benefit both clubs. Shingo, after having wowed the AL with a year of smoke-and-mirrors, could probably have a similar first trip through the NL. As for the Sox, if they can get a contributing youngster or a crucial piece of a secondary trade, I have confidence Kenny is doing the right thing.

I'd say the purpose of this potential trade is mostly to free up a roster spot so that Jenks can remain on the 25 man roster once Duque comes up. I don't know about the prospects in question, but they're probably really only an added bonus.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
Well El Duque is starting tonight... and we still haven't heard of Jenks being sent down to make room for him.  I am convinced the Sox are trying to make this happen, but I thought Shingo had a no trade clause. 

If it is possible, I'd like to see a deal for Scott Hairston, or Alex Cintron, or Matt Kata

I could very well see it being for one of those 3, or Sergio Santos the SS prospect. I'd actually like Hairston, he's really slugging down in AAA, can play 2B to almost any OF position, a better man's Willie Harris for what you will.

.321/.399/.622, 15 HR in 53 games, 38 K's, 21 BB's.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Well El Duque is starting tonight... and we still haven't heard of Jenks being sent down to make room for him.  I am convinced the Sox are trying to make this happen, but I thought Shingo had a no trade clause. 

You're right. I didn't even think of that. We all know El Duque is making the start tonight, yet the Sox haven't made the roster move yet. You all know how much I love Jenks, but it appears the Sox have seen something in him to want to keep him on the 25 man roster down the strech.

Today could be the day we part with Shingo. It just makes too much sense.

The White Sox organization feel Jenks>Shingo in this year's pennant chasing bullpen.

Why the D-Backs have held off and may continue to do so....;

According to the Chicago Tribune, the White Sox could trade Shingo Takatsu to the Diamondbacks as soon as today.

The deal reportedly hinges on whether or not Arizona completes a different trade with Pittsburgh, perhaps for Jose Mesa. Jul. 18 - 10:07 am et

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Why the D-Backs have held off and may continue to do so....;

...sending Shingo to the Bucs for Mesa? :bang :bang

:D Sorry. I know I'm getting caught up in this fortune-telling garbage but some of this trade deadline stuff can be addicting. I promised myself I'd stay out of it.