GROUP OUTING question

southsider2k5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what Hal posted on the WSI boards...

I just got off the phone with Kurt Hasenbalg, a White Sox ticket representative. Here is tentatively what the Sox have set up:

The date will be Thursday, September 8 vs. Kansas City Royals. Patio tickets will be $28.00 per person, a discount of $10.00. You will have the option of buying just a patio ticket or both that and a lower reserved seat ticket for $13.00 more, which is half price (total $41.00), if you don't have a ticket already for the game. You must have a game ticket to purchase a patio ticket. Food and drink, including beer is unlimited.

The patio party starts when the gates open and ends two hours later, at which time everybody has to leave the area for their seats (or wherever).

The groups invited will be WSI, SoxTalk, and the MLB message board group.

Don't try to call now, as they are not ready to take orders yet. They will be emailing me a flyer with all the finalized information. When I get that, I'll post here.

Hey mods, is there any way we can duplicate something like that here? If any of you know, PM me and I'll make arrangements with you on how we'll do that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Question, because I have never been to a patio party... If you get the $28 package, where do you end up sitting?  Do you have to pay extra to get a ticket?

Didn't read Hal's post I see... :rolly

The email I just got....

Alex -

Brooks Boyer suggested I contact you re: your email below. We are currently in the process of putting together a White Sox "Core of the Core" fan base outing in the Patio area for the Sep. 8 game. I will have details to follow shortly. Hopefully you and your fellow die-hard Sox friends can make it out that evening.

Contact me w/ any questions or feedback.

Thanks,

Kurt

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
I saw it, I didn't think it was clear at all.  What is a patio ticket?  They empty the patio at a certian point, so where do you sit then?

"You will have the option of buying just a patio ticket or both that and a lower reserved seat ticket for $13.00"

$28 is for all you can eat/drink and $13 more is for a ticket.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
I saw it, I didn't think it was clear at all.  What is a patio ticket?  They empty the patio at a certian point, so where do you sit then?

Yeah, 28 buck patio ticket = you already have a game ticket.

41 dollar deal = patio ticket + game ticket for those who need a game ticket.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Yeah, 28 buck patio ticket = you already have a game ticket.

41 dollar deal = patio ticket + game ticket for those who need a game ticket.

That's what I was looking for. $28 gets you kicked out when the game starts.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
No.. you can stay there until the 3rd inning.

Could you hypothetically roll from the patio party to the bullpen sports bar and hang out there without ever actually having a game ticket?? :huh